Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best accommodation for 1st years?

• 22-08-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm going to be studying 1st year engineering and I'm on the waiting list (no.2561) and fingers crossed I will get a place. Out of Blackrock Halls, Merville and Belgrove which usually has the most first years? Which is the nicest most/suitable? Which has the best craic? etc.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Bytesize1 wrote: »
    I'm going to be studying 1st year engineering and I'm on the waiting list (no.2561) and fingers crossed I will get a place. Out of Blackrock Halls, Merville and Belgrove which usually has the most first years? Which is the nicest most/suitable? Which has the best craic? etc.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blackrock Halls is in a different campus (in Blackrock to be exact).

People will respond with "Belgrove is a kip but at least it has ovens" but both those are incorrect since the recent renovation. Really old hands who are randomly in this forum might say "it has a student bar right next door" but that has been permanently shut down and converted to classes instead. If you're in arts it's within rolling distance of your lectures.

Merville has a centra.

Other than that they are carbon copies of each other, pretty much (and neither has ovens).

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

^ All of above plus:
    Belgrove is also smaller than Merville. Also Merville, glenomena and roebuck are all next to each other so my friends that were in belgrove sometimes felt a bit out of the loop? Don't know if that makes a difference or not to you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

AlfaJack wrote: »
    ^ All of above plus:
    Belgrove is also smaller than Merville. Also Merville, glenomena and roebuck are all next to each other so my friends that were in belgrove sometimes felt a bit out of the loop? Don't know if that makes a difference or not to you :)

Although Ashfield is now beside Belgrove ...

Advertisement