Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artist from the 80s?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I'm struggling to recall an artist/ track from the 1980s...can anybody help?

I seem to recall seeing a video on TOTPs which was animated, with faceless characters dressed in 18th century clothes playing orchestral instruments - the track was a modern twist on classical/ baroque music...

can't for the life of me find it on the google machine...was I smoking something weird or does anybody recognise this from my description???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

The only thing that immediately comes to mind that fits that style is Falco - Rock me Amadeus.

I know it's not the video, but do you think this is it? Can you remember any of the lyrics or was it purely instrumental?

or Sparks

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

hi, thanks for posting - not falcao though ;-)

I should have said it was instrumental.

one other thing - I think the animated characters playing the instruments were flying around in the sky at one stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Yes, I remember this, kind of freaky if it's the same one. I think it was an electronic version of a Beethoven or Mozart tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Cianmcliam wrote: »

brilliant - that's it exactly...thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I've been looking for that for years - in my mind it was live action, I'm sort of amazed it was animated!

This was around the time of the "Hooked On Classics" tapes - classical stuff with drum beats added.

I've been looking for that for years - in my mind it was live action, I'm sort of amazed it was animated!

This was around the time of the "Hooked On Classics" tapes - classical stuff with drum beats added.

That's right. 1980 I think. Quite a long discography and still on the go I think!

Advertisement