Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Galvins Dunnes gear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

That picture is just retina scorching. Just about everything is wrong with it, it looks like someone has photoshopped, at random, three different people into one composite being, each with a different body type and fashion style.

He just looks completely ridiculous tbh. Looks like mumford and sons and one direction swapped style tips, came up with an outfit, then stuffed a bogman into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm holding out for his wooden plank range.

How will you wear the plank?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

pauliebdub wrote: »
    The only item I like is the red bomber jacket but at 70 quid it's way too expensive. You could buy something similar in H&M for half the price. Do young fashionable people shop in Dunne's? I haven't set foot inside one in years.

I wonder what age group/demographic the range is aimed for?

I can't imagine any lad over 40 wearing this stuff, but do lads under 40 buy clothes from Dunnes?

Usually with womens stuff its pigeon-holed into age category/plus sized/formal/work wear/sports etc.

Who is buying and wearing this stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

NIMAN wrote: »

He looks like what happens when you keep hitting "Random" when creating your video game character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I wonder what age group/demographic the range is aimed for?

I can't imagine any lad over 40 wearing this stuff, but do lads under 40 buy clothes from Dunnes?

Usually with womens stuff its pigeon-holed into age category/plus sized/formal/work wear/sports etc.

Who is buying and wearing this stuff?

I reckon Dunnes fiendish plan is based on Granny-sales.

Granny will buy it for the adored grandson for Christmas.
    Young recipient will hate it, but (a) will be bullied by other relatives into wearing it for a few visits to protect everyone's feelings and (b) Granny won't have included a receipt anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

How will you wear the plank?

I will place it on my hat, which will be filled with a mans perfume...with a plum floating in it.

What does the Beckett quote even mean in this context?

"We are all born mad, some remain so."

Okay... Maybe they're trying to imply that you'd need to be mentally unwell to wear Paul Galvin. Maybe it's a desperate appeal to Beckettian boy-intellectuals, whom I wouldn't have thought are Dunne's target market. Just has no context at all.

Well, it would explain Dunnes' store manager recruitment policy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

NIMAN wrote: »
    Now I know what I look like. My boots are like that but better quality. Better untie the laces to be "on trend"? My excuse is I'm 66.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

Ever since the Harrington and Costello brands I've thought Dunnes are gone a bit cracked notion wise.

Like the prices for stuff that wouldn't be far above the quality of Penny's polo shirts, jeans or chinos and they charging prices you'd be close to paying in a proper brand. I'd swear a Costello shirt was priced nearly at €50 one day and you can get a Tommy Hilfiger shirt from an official shop for about €60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whom

Anyone ever buy his gear?

Whom wrote: »
    Anyone ever buy his gear?

No self respecting man wants to look like a cross between Justin Bieber and a bogman. I suspect mammies bought most of it. Unwanted presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

sabat wrote: »
    D'ya reckon chicks call out his nickname when they're getting down to business?

She's got 'Gooch in the cooch'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Looking at the range.. it is a bit like what'd look like if my brother tried men's fashion. (Cue the photo of him in times square wearing a black crinkled poloneck over boot cut navy jeans)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

• Advertisement

Jobs OXO wrote: »

It's like the ravings of a very stupid person who thinks they're very deep.

I like tattoos. And McGregor. I gave money to a homeless man. I'm wild and rebellious. I fell into a hole once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who's appointed him as the voice of "how to be a man"?
    He missed out the "don't thow dusters at kids" rule, that should have been up the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

It's like the ravings of a very stupid person who thinks they're very deep.

I like tattoos. And McGregor. I gave money to a homeless man. I'm wild and rebellious. I fell into a hole once

I was ready to give him a chance. But it's fairly moronic. And talk about shaking hands with yourself, jaysus.

"How to be a man". He's a gobshíte.
    Of course he has to model the clothes himself. A million rolleyes are not enough. Off to the "inexplicable can't stand" thread with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I've gone back a few years further. For me, the Georgian period was where it was at for men's clothes.

male_clothes.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Off to the "inexplicable can't stand" thread with me.

I was heading there myself, but let's be honest. This one is far from inexplicable.

I was heading there myself, but let's be honest. This one is far from inexplicable.

Very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Oh sweet baby Jesus. Some of them look straight out of the War of Independence. To think men fought in a civil war like that for our freedom and to progress as a nation only to have their dress sense replicated as being in fashion almost 100 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Very true.

Would he qualify for the unusual people you fancy thread because I kinda would...ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    Would he qualify for the unusual people you fancy thread because I kinda would...ðŸ˜

We need a "gobshítes you fancy" thread :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

SL_sn%20Galvin.jpg

The trousers are too short.

Nailing that simple-minded look anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Hahahahahahaha, would you look at him, he looks like a pixie with them feckin ears pointing out.

"When I was around 10 years old, I fell into a bog hole near my house"

I think that his brain must have been oxygen-starved for a long time in that incident.

The article is hilarious. All of his answers consist of self-help soundbites that he read somewhere else.

The clothes..? Who wants a 1950's Irish factory-worker reboot? - wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

That indo article reads like it was written by a first year English student. What the **** is going on in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SL_sn%20Galvin.jpg

well that is what happens when you hike your waistband up past your belly button. Perhaps he takes styling tips from Simon Cowell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The 'shrunk in the wash' look is in.

When I heard he had written a 'Guide for Men', as if men needed guidance from him, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

'Bogwash denim jeans'...FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

The trousers are too short so you can tell the world "look, I don't wear socks".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

He's the head off that fat Healy-Rae fella, only with more hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Amiyah Kind Cow

Is it him designing it or his Today fm wife, who is trying to crack into the fashion world

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

That's just ridiculous......shame on the Indo for publishing that!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have always wanted to dress like my grandfather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have always wanted to dress like my grandfather

My grandfather had better dress sense than to have his trousers flapping around above his ankles and trouser legs that are far too narrow to be practical.

''I ran from Bowery to Brooklyn over Brooklyn Bridge at 7.30am a few weeks ago, and it was the most invigorating, visually inspiring way to wake up. Though from rural Kerry bogland, I'm an urbanite now. I love city heights and cityscapes.'' What a plonker.

Imagine being married to him. Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

SL_sn%20Galvin.jpg

Did Gavin get a walk on part in peaky blinders??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you view the clothes on the Dunnes website it comes across as a little boring.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/view-all/paul-galvin/fcp-category/list?homepage-hero=1#productsPerPage=19&page=0

Imagine being married to him. Jaysus.

About as much depth as a saucer full of milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Who keeps encouraging this guy?

Who keeps encouraging this guy?

Some wan in Dunnes Stores. Not anyone from Paris, Milan, New York, or London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

From the article
    "I've had people laugh in my face on the streets for what I wore"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Some wan in Dunnes Stores. Not anyone from Paris, Milan, New York, or London.

She needs to be sacked.

Or at least, forced to wear some of his kit and be paraded around town and pelted with rotting veg.

When you view the clothes on the Dunnes website it comes across as a little boring.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/view-all/paul-galvin/fcp-category/list?homepage-hero=1#productsPerPage=19&page=0

Well this may (not) interest you.
    I'm doing a collection about the Bedouins and brotherhood soon

:eek:

From the article

"I've people laugh in my face in the streets for what I wore"

galvin.jpg

Not surprising.

glasso wrote: »
    galvin.jpg

Not surprising.

Dave-megadeth-34668987-182-232.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have trawled the web and I have yet to see him wear a pair of trousers that fit him. He must get up in the dark every morning and put on his wifes trousers by mistake..

Here he is going for the Inspector Clouseau look...

PAUL-FASHION-033.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement