Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got NPCAM but I haven't done chemistry for LC. !! HELP !!

Options
  • 23-08-2016 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I just got an offer for NPCAM in trinity but I'm very worried. You see I haven't done chemistry for leaving cert and I feel I will be at a disadvantage. Chemistry is a large pillar of NPCAM but I know feck all about it. Any advice or words to relieve my mental suffering !??!?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

If it was that important for you to know, they would've made Chemistry an entry requirement, in the same way that higher maths is a requirement for TP or whatever. Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

If you have the motivation and skills that are required to get enough LC points to get into NPCAM, you will do just fine in NPCAM at Trinity. You know how to learn subjects in depth, and you are not afraid to study hard. These are traits that are far more valuable than knowing chemistry at LC level.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

First semester is re-learning all of LC, you won't miss anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

There are plenty of subjects in College, where people did the first years coursework as an LC subject. Most lecturers will tell you, the students who did it for the LC either get average or below as they dont turn up to lectures or study until the last week

My two cents is go to every lecture and especially tutorials and you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Do the basic chemistry prelim course and go to the basic chemistry lectures through out the year. Watch lots of chemistry tutorial videos on youtube, go to all your lectures and go through the atkins chemistry book.

I hadn't done chemistry for the LC either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement