Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees affecting phone line

Options
  • 23-08-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My phone line has gone down twice in the past two weeks.

The Eircom Engineer has said it is to do with the trees in the adjoining field.

We had a look at the line and there are several joints in the line where it has broken a number of times.

Is there anything I can do to get a new line or get this sorted out?  Every time the phone line goes down it takes 5 days to get it back up and running.  This also affects my broadband connection.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Cut the trees back for a start, no point in getting a new line put in if its just going to get damage by the trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

My phone line has gone down twice in the past two weeks.

The Eircom Engineer has said it is to do with the trees in the adjoining field.

We had a look at the line and there are several joints in the line where it has broken a number of times.

Is there anything I can do to get a new line or get this sorted out?  Every time the phone line goes down it takes 5 days to get it back up and running.  This also affects my broadband connection.

Thanks
    Hi sole trader, thanks for getting in touch. If you're having issues with your service. I would recommend contacting the support team directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 & they can offer you the best support on this & run through your options. - Stacey

Advertisement