Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packing for Vegas

Options
  • 23-08-2016 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

So we are starting to pack for our holiday to Las Vegas. We are considering not bringing beach towels for the pool to save space in our suitcases and use the ones the hotel provides. Do you think our hotel would mind or even notice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Which hotel?

When I was in Vegas I stayed in the Stratosphere and the hotel provided towels at the pool. You took a fresh one when needed and left the used one for wash. That was a few years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Why would they mind? I was in the NY NY in June and there was staff handing out towels to everyone. That's what you're paying resort fees for!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

sullivlo wrote: »
    Which hotel?

When I was in Vegas I stayed in the Stratosphere and the hotel provided towels at the pool. You took a fresh one when needed and left the used one for wash. That was a few years ago though.

The Mirage

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

Why would they mind? I was in the NY NY in June and there was staff handing out towels to everyone. That's what you're paying resort fees for!

Have never been to vegas before (haven't even been to America before) but thank you for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is zero need to bring your own towels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

sullivlo wrote: »
    Which hotel?

Was there recently, still same. Free towels for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You don't need towels. As others have said, they are provided at the pool area. Don't use the towels from the room

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, in every hotel I have ever been to (in the US and lots of other countries) where there was a pool, they specifically tell you not to bring the room towels to the pool and there is always a separate supply of towels at the pool, either handed out by staff at a little counter (who may or may not ask you for your room number) or there's a stack of towels and you just help yourself and you throw them into a basket when leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

If you need to buy a towel or two over there is that such a big deal? Surely we don't need a thread about someone wondering wether or not to bring a towel on holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

TheBully wrote: »
    If you need to buy a towel or two over there is that such a big deal? Surely we don't need a thread about someone wondering wether or not to bring a towel on holiday?

Most Irish thread ever, right? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pack as little as possible and buy clothing over there to bring back, great selection and range of shops.

As was said all pools will have free towels. The $35.84 per night resort fee extortion charge that your hotel charges should cover this.

https://www.mirage.com/en/faq.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TheBully wrote: »
    If you need to buy a towel or two over there is that such a big deal?

I'd say it would be a very big deal to find a shop selling beach towels in Las Vegas - it's in the middle of the Nevada desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

coylemj wrote: »
    I'd say it would be a very big deal to find a shop selling beach towels in Las Vegas - it's in the middle of the Nevada desert.

Plenty of places sell them. There are pools everywhere and we aren't too far from the beaches in California

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hotels hand out beach towels as you enter pool complex so no need to bring your own

As someone else said pack lightly. Don't bother bringing sun lotion etc as it can all be bought over there cheaper than in Ireland. There is a walgreens pharmacy across the road from mirage and it sells everything you need on holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

All hotels will give out towels.
    Pack very lightly, the heat will be imense

Advertisement