Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S & S paid?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all.

I'm sorry if this q has an obvious answer. I'm about to start my own hours private contract in a fee paying school. We have been asked to opt for S and S and told it will be department paid as a lump sum in August 2017. They aren't giving options to choose slots but that's ok my last school didn't either. The school is huge I can't imagine they would be able to facilitate choice.

My question is is S&S now paid for definite? I can't seem to find the rates anywhere.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

S&S will be paid from September by approx €800 being added to each point of the pay scale. The same amount again is due to be added in 2017.

However, it is only being given to those covered by the LRA (TUI). They are judging this based on school type, so generally voluntary sector classed as ASTI and ETB classed as TUI. If it's a mixed union school (Community&Comprehensive or Designated Community College) they want TUI members to send them in a signed form to be covered.

With your school being fee paying I would have thought it was an ASTI school though, as I thought TUI didn't represent private schools. In that case you may not receive the payment. You need to check which union is in your school. But if they are saying payment in 2017 then sounds like they are just fobbing off on the assumption ASTI will agree to LRA in the mean time - and while likely it is still a bit dishonest to portray it as a certainty.

Advertisement