Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working holiday Visa for New York

Options
  • 23-08-2016 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Does such a thing exist? For a year/18 months? I'm not eligible for a J1 any more.

I'd like to apply for a short term job and would like to tell me prospective employer that I have a visa sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I'm not eligible for a J1 any more.

You could be eligible for a professional training visa. Give it a google. Think USIT do them. Pricey tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sorry about the rudeness man but to so blatantly pointing out a grammatical error was annoying. I take my warning on the chin.

Sorry about the rudeness man but to so blatantly pointing out a grammatical error was annoying. I take my warning on the chin.

Are you referring to me? I wasn't emphasing grammar.

I was trying to point out that if you could have gotten a J1 that means you might have a degree and that can qualify you for the professional training visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

jme2010 wrote: »
    Are you referring to me? I wasn't emphasing grammar.

I was trying to point out that if you could have gotten a J1 that means you might have a degree and that can qualify you for the professional training visa.

I jumped the gun. My apologies.

• Advertisement

I jumped the gun. My apologies.

No problem.

Seriously though, check it out: http://www.usavisa.ie/pct

Takes a lot of work but it is the best way to work in a decent area and get paid. Downsides are the program cost and you need to find an employer willing to take you on before you can travel.

Advertisement