Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glowy skin

Options
  • 23-08-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

I am obsessed with thing to make my skin "glow" lately.

What are your favourite products to give your skin that glowy look?

I've been acid toning to help improve my skin naturally and using the Balm maryloumanizer, but I think I want to up my game with primers and luminous setting powders etc.!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

*obsessed with trying to make my skin "glow"

opps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I used coconut oil as my nighttime moisturizer and that helps (it doesn't work for everyone, but my skins absolutely loves it). I also use Laura Mercier's radiance foundation primer in lieu of actual foundation most days and that adds a nice dewy touch to my skin. When I do wear foundation, I wear Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Santa Fe.

I don't often do highlighters, although I do have Benefit's High Beam liquid highlighter, but I only use that if I'm going super glamorous to take photos. For real life, I prefer just a touch of dewiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Hourglass ambient powder is meant to be a great hoghlighting/setting powder. I haven't tried it as its expensive! Really want to though!!

I use mac lightscapade mineralize skin finish as a highlighter which has a really subtle glow, not sure what our colours it comes in. But if it came in a 'foundation' colour it would prob be a good all over highlighter!

Mac strobe cream is great under makeup have it in today and have a lovely glow! Just thought of that as I was about to post! You can get treacle size tubes of it at the moment! So maybe try that first?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drink plenty of water. Blueberries are good too.

I'd love to get an hour glass ambient lighting powder, looks amazing!

Really tempted to get some Becca highlighters too.

I'll give Mac strobe cream a look, forgot about it, how do you use it? Something I can probably get in the airport for cheaper too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The hourglass ambient lighting palette is amazing. Gives a nice glow to the skin. Champagne Pop by Becca is a gorgeous highlighter, very pigmented so you only need a little.

I also use Wonderglow by Charlottle Tilbury under my foundation.

I'm looking at Becca pearl at the moment, I think champagne pop will be to yellow for my skin!

Just checked out BTs online, 30ml travel size of Mac strobe cream is 10e, that's very reasonable, maybe I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I use the strobe cream like a primer! It's actually the travel size I got and has lasted a decent while but don't use it all the time! Will definately repurchase it though.
    Yea when I was looking for the name of the ambient powder k saw the becca ones to! Wish we could get all that here so could look at it in person! Maybe it's good actually or I'd be really poor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

A setting spray when you have finished applying all powder products to your face will help with adding a touch of luminosity.

Cream products instead of powders would add a luminous touch too. Cream blushers, highlighters etc.

For a nice luminous look I would use all cream products (if possible) and then set with a powder, then finish with a spray or two of a setting spray and that should be luminous :)

Advertisement