Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a refund on a preorder?

• 23-08-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭

I email last Monday but Sony seem to not respond to emails, so i ended up ringing on Friday.

The lady said she would issue the refund but i have not recieve anything (money or email confirmation) and the game is still in my library just counting down the days.

Just wondering how long these things take in your experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've never had to refund a preorder before, but if I were you I'd make sure to keep all correspondence with them. Do your best to get proof by email (not phone conversations, ask for them to send emails to record the conversation if you need to), just in case the refund isn't processed before release day. Sony's refund policy states that:
    If you change your mind about a purchase made from the PlayStation®Store, you can request a refund to your PSN wallet within 14 days from the date of transaction, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming your purchase.

So make sure you don't download it if the preorder isn't cancelled before release.

Also, specifically relating to pre-orders Sony say:
    You may cancel a pre-order of digital content at any time before the release date. If the release date has passed, you can still change your mind and request a refund up to 14 days after payment was taken for the pre-order, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming the content to your device.

There it is in a nutshell. The policy can be found here. I've seen people complain about the policy online, but as long as you know your rights you'll have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thanks,

Yep they are beyond dreadful to deal with.

I called over a week ago and it was said that the refund would be issued.

Iv tried to email all week and have got no response.

Ill give them a call today again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rang them again.

The guy was "shocked" that the person i was talking to last week took no notes for me and didnt add anything to my case file and that nobody had replied to me all week.

He then offered 2 ways of a refund.

Instant payment to wallet or if i wanted it back go paypal he would have to escalate it and that might take a few days.

Lame excuse but i took the wallet option anyway. Ill give it an hour to see how instant the refund is.

It has definitely left a sour taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sadly used to be no charge until the game preloaded before release, but now a lot games are charged at the time usually because they have some content provided at the time of purchase.

Not hard to understand why, as most of us have pre-ordered a few games to get betas and then cancelling. Personally just bought Battlefield hardline for €5 this week and since I had it preordered and canceled to get the beta it gave me the preorder bonuses when it was finally bought again.

Advertisement