Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to start selling goods online?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some information, I have a small side business where I make wooden figures and up to now I have been selling them at market fairs and other events.

I would like to try and sell these online, I have created a simple website that includes e-commerce functionality so that side of things is fine.

My question is what do I need to set up regarding Tax. I have a business registered with the CRO and have purchased the domain name but that's it. I assume I will need a VAT number. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Just to add, I also work full time in another job, are there any implications regarding my Tax credits ect??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

You only need to regsister for VAT if your turnover exceeds about €6,000 per month, so unlikely!.
    You should fill out Revenue form TR1 for your sole trader business ( you should have done this already for your market activities!) , and then you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

Of course I've filled out the TR1 form :) but I'll sign anther one just in case!

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll need a full VAT number at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Of course I've filled out the TR1 form :) but I'll sign anther one just in case!

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll need a full VAT number at some point in the future.

Dont bother filling it out again, might cause unwanted attention ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

Probably the best approach !

Advertisement