Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for traditional music venue tonight (Tuesday 23rd)

• 23-08-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

I have a guest with me who would love to listen to some Irish trad music tonight, but I've no idea where I would find it.

I tried to look up both Dolans and Nancy Blakes, but couldn't find much info at all (nothing for Nancy's).

Could anybody point me in the direction of a list of gigs or something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Charlie Malones (Wolfe Tone Street) could be an option...not sure if they'll have anything on a Tuesday night though, maybe check their facebook page. Other option would be The Locke, seem to have music there any night I've been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Dolans have a trad session every night in the pub. Usually 9pm I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

There is Trad music in Dolans every night, check the attached

http://www.dolans.ie/traditional-irish-music/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dolans have it every night deffo on summer for tourists
    Nanvys front bar might aswell mid week
    Locke i think also for summer
    Charlie Malones has the acousatic club on tuesdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Thanks all, headed to Dolans but that was more folk music than what they'd hoped for, so we switched to Nancy's and they luckily got to see 'the real thing.'

• Advertisement
Advertisement