Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squat 1RM in Sleeves v Wraps?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

What percentage do you think I should set my 1RM in wraps, given my current true competition 1RM in Sleeves is 200kg?

Basically I want to start squatting in wraps but never have before so I don't know what my max would be, as a beginner especially. I'm starting sheiko soon and am wondering what I should set my wrapped max to without having to test it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CWF wrote: »
    What percentage do you think I should set my 1RM in wraps, given my current true competition 1RM in Sleeves is 200kg?
    200kg
    Because;
    I want to start squatting in wraps but never have before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

i've heard people mention 20-30kg of a help .. but that is just plucking a figure out of the air.

My PB squat was set in sleeves and personally I don't really like squatting in wraps .. but with a bit of practice I reckon I could increase my pb with them.

As mellor says treat the 1RM in sleeves and wraps the same until you actually get a new 1RM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Brilliant, thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

200kg. Or just do a circa max.

Advertisement