Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find the bid on a house that has gone sale agreed.

Options
  • 23-08-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, is there anyway to find out the bid that was accepted on a house that has gone sale agreed??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You cant until its sold and up on the PPR unless the EA will tell you, sometimes they will sometimes they wont. You could tell them you live in a nearby house your thinking of selling and how much did that one go for...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dont' forget that Sale Agreed Price mightn't necessarily mean what it's sold for.
    The survey may bring out something that may need work, and the buyer could go back with a revised offer which would be put to the seller.

Also - many Sale Agreeds can fall through, due to a number of factors.

As said above, best check the PPR site. It mightnt show up records for up to 6 months though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Just wondering, why do sale agreeds tend to fall through?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

tinkerbell wrote:
    Just wondering, why do sale agreeds tend to fall through?

I know of one sale agreed that feel through because the house in question was in an estate where the builder went bust and the council hadn't taken over the estate. The bank wouldn't finance the mortgage in that case.

I know another that fell through after the survey revealed some costly repairs that needed to be done.

I used to pass a house regularly that had been sale agreed 3 times in the space of 2 years only for the for sale sign to go back up again. Can only imagine it was because of problems with the survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've seen other sale agreeds collapse when a better house down the road comes on sale just afterwards and the buyer then bids and gets that one instead!

As is said repeatedly here, don't trust anything until contracts signed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement