Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more new developments @ Liffey Valley

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

An ice rink?? Why am I not jumping up and down with excitement I wonder..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

jomalone14 wrote: »
    An ice rink?? Why am I not jumping up and down with excitement I wonder..........

Probably because I'd say it will last less than a year before personal injury claims will shut it down. It's a pity because a permanent rink is badly needed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

South Dublin County Council removed a proposed multi-storey car park – which was to be positioned adjacent to the ice arena – as part of the planning permission.

So they're going to put in a 2,500 seater ice arena and not have any additional parking for the people who will use it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Zaph wrote: »
    So they're going to put in a 2,500 seater ice arena and not have any additional parking for the people who will use it?

They will reapply for the parking part.

They are also running a shuttle bus from lucan to liffey valley.

The ice will be mainly for shows and they are hoping to get the ice hockey there also.

Advertisement