Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiat Scudo 2.0 fault code P0230

• 23-08-2016 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Have here a 2003 Fiat Scudo with the 2.0 HDI engine
    Was driving fine no problems, then suddenly conked out and refused to start.

Giving me DTC P0230 Fuel Pump primary circuit. I can hear the pump in the tank running fine and I am getting diesel to the filter and through the HP pump to the injectors.
    I was initially certain it was the fuel pump relay as I was also getting a fault code for the glow plugs and the same double relay does both, but the glow plug fault has gone now after charging the battery overnight. Have a second hand relay on the way anyway even though I've tested the old one and it seems fine.
    There doesnt seem to be any obvious electrical fault.
    Van started and ran on easy-start but conked out again when the easy-start was used up.

I am suspecting a few things but not sure how to test them.

1. There is insufficent current to the fuel pump in the tank so it is running slower and not feeding the High pressure pump adequately. I don't know how much current it should get though or if its modulated by another process.

2. The high pressure pump is shagged and not delivering enough pressure to the injectors ( but would this be coming up as P0230? ) But I have no way of testing the pressure here and would rather rule out easier and cheaper fixes first before paying for a new pump or getting it tested.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone has any other ideas. Or knows how to test the things above.
    Thank you

Advertisement