Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini roundabout

• 23-08-2016 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭

Question here about mini roundabouts.

You're approaching a mini roundabout in a single lane.
    The first 'exit' is actually an entrance to a shop.
    You want to go straight ahead i.e. the second 'exit'

How do you indicate for this on approach?

Just indicate left when you enter the mini roundabout?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Hard to tell witout a pic :) my guess would be if someone was coming out of the shop entrance and seen your indicator on they might think your taking the first exit to the shop :D ( therefore pull out in front of u )

by guessing id wait a split second after passing the first exit and indicate immediately as u pass it :) ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely normal roundabout rules apply?

I wouldn't be indicating left approaching the roundabout anyway.

A pic would really help in this case, but it's either an exit or it isn't. If you were coming at the roundabout from the other direction, I'm sure you'd give way to traffic exiting the shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Do not signal on the approach as that says you are taking the exit of the roundabout into the shop. On a mini roundabout there is not always enough time for a signal left while you are on the roundabout to be of any use. But it is best practice to signal left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Incidentally you never rely on someone's indication, it's just that what they're indicating they may do. You'll fail the test if you pull out passed on indication. (oooh matron).

Advertisement