Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - Heating Up and Battery Drain

Options
  • 23-08-2016 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Have an iPhone 5 that's very hot at times and losing charge fast like maybe 10% an hour on standby.

Is it a battery replacement so yes think? I can do it myself just want opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sounds more like a software issue if it's heating up. Check the battery stats in Settings and see if anything is hogging the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

Nothing was hogging.

However I did notice the location service symbol was staying on a lot from looking at the lock screen.

I turned off location services and it seems stable, at 59% with about 1 hour and 55 minutes usage as in screen time. Nearly all of it being safari web browsing.

Safari via 3G and iMessage brought me down to 77% with an hour usage on screen.

Then safari via wifi down to 59% with another 55 min on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I had same issue last year on a 6 month old iPhone 5.

Apple helpline helped me resolve it. They noticed my iTunes needed updating on my pc and then re synced phone to pc and did all the necessary updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Our iphone 4 like that, needed a new battery.

Advertisement