Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Playstation Now" streaming service coming to PC

• 23-08-2016 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/23/playstation-now-coming-to-pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/
    This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.

This is interesting to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ICO ICO ICO ICO ICO ICO ICO ICO!!!!

SHADOW OF THE!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dreamers75 wrote: »

I was really excited about this and then spotted no uncharted 3

ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Is this a limited time rental service only, or can games be purchased to keep indefinitely?

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Is this a limited time rental service only, or can games be purchased to keep indefinitely?

You subscribe to be allowed to play all 400 of them.

No subbie no playie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I think I'll survive without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Feck sake streaming! I live out in the sticks on a bad connection this service will not work for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No Demons Souls or Bloodborne, goodluck.

Doesn't look great as far as I'm concerned, though I've a PS3 and PS4 so it's just a matter that I can get any of the exclusives cheaper.

Probably would be worth buying a month and playing Sony Exclusives only, not a constant sub for me anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Was thinking of getting a PS4 pretty much exclusively for The Last of Us and the Uncharted games. This might actually tide me over instead...unless there's a good bundle with the PS4 Slim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting a PS4 pretty much exclusively for The Last of Us and the Uncharted games. This might actually tide me over instead...unless there's a good bundle with the PS4 Slim!

same boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

I don't think this is available in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

OSI wrote: »
    You might be surprised, as long as it's fixed line it might be feasible. I used the Nvidia Grid streaming service for about a year while it was free and was always surprised at how it performed on even relatively poor connections.

It's geolocked currently to the UK and I think if it detects low speeds or high ping it won't work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll pay for it for a while for the Uncharted series alone. Absolutely amazing games.

Wonder if the USB adapter will let you have more than one pad connected to it.

Will be dumping the Xbone pad if it does.

Wonder if the USB adapter will let you have more than one pad connected to it.

Will be dumping the Xbone pad if it does.

No, they answered that question on the US blog and said 1 per adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Most of the modern PS exclusives you can watch on youtube :pac:

My Bluetooth adapter is about 2/10ths the size of the sony one and can pick up my DS4 natively on linux and with user drivers on windows. It can also use multiple pads. Dunno what they're doing with that huge thing they're expecting people to pay for. It's like the proprietary Vita charger all over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Regardless of the games, I think its a cool idea branching out into the PC community. Some good games that are PS exclusive, so the opportunity to play on the PC is really cool. Looking forward to playing Last Of Us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll pay for it for a while for the Uncharted series alone. Absolutely amazing games.

I finished all 3, and tbh I can barely remember what happens in all of them. :rolleyes:

So you get to enjoy them all over again. Sounds good to me.

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games i've ever played. Say what you will about console games, not many pc games has come close to the levels of quality that Naughty Dog delivered with that (or The Last of Us).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could definitely see myself making use of it for a month or two to play Shadow of the Colossus and Journey at least (assuming they're on it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Nice to see buying Onlive wasn't a complete waste :D Might be interested now actually as have a cabled cable broadband connection (try saying that ten times fast). Might have to pick up a ps controller though playing PS games with an Xbox controller would feel dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I finished all 3

then you haven't finished all of them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

UK,NL and somewhere else.

Or does it say Ireland now? (cant click that link in work) I would let you download but when you try to sign in it kicks you out (well it did yesterday).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Worked for me anyway... won't be able to try til tonight however.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Since it's streaming does it really matter much about your PC spec?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Since it's streaming does it really matter much about your PC spec?

The minimum spec is on the page I linked. It's more or less a PC that can handle 1080p playback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Anyone know if an Xbox One controller will work with this? Playstation Now website doesn't mention it, obviously enough I guess, but it does say selected third party controllers will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Feck sake streaming! I live out in the sticks on a bad connection this service will not work for me.

Snap. 1.5mbs down on a good day💩💩💩

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What will image quality be like? Even watching 1080p or 1440p 60fps content on Youtube, the picture quality is not great. Will it be the same for this, I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is this available in ireland yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Interesting concept allowing you to play Playstation titles on PC. Something similar to onlive i suppose but with a good enough internet connection might be alright..
    http://www.pcgamer.com/playstation-now-on-pc-isnt-quite-netflix-for-games-but-it-comes-close/

Anybody give it a go yet? I see its region locked though I guess there are ways around that.

Glebee wrote: »
    Interesting concept allowing you to play Playstation titles on PC. Something similar to onlive i suppose but with a good enough internet connection might be alright..
    http://www.pcgamer.com/playstation-now-on-pc-isnt-quite-netflix-for-games-but-it-comes-close/

Anybody give it a go yet? I see its region locked though I guess there are ways around that.

Its live for some countries, Ireland is one of them.

Another thread about it down below somewhere.

havent tried it yet but will do for Ico and SOTC..

Sorry Mods, did not see thread below. Please delete this.

is this available in ireland yet?

Just tried to sign up there now, says it not supported in your region.

• Advertisement

Its live for some countries, Ireland is one of them.

Another thread about it down below somewhere.

havent tried it yet but will do for Ico and SOTC..

cant seem to get the app, where do you download it?

getting the ps now isnt available in your region

It's not in Ireland, not likely anytime soon either.

Not on consoles either for Ireland.

cant seem to get the app, where do you download it?

getting the ps now isnt available in your region

I havent Cherryghost said it worked for him, I assumed he was in Ireland :o

tried using hola vpn to trick the site as well but no joy, why does ireland always get the short end of the stick with this stuff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cause we're small and not worth the initial infrastructure investment when the service is still having it's kinks and issues ironed out.

Wasn't Hola selling people's details to others? I wouldn't be too inclined to stick with it... Confirmed: https://torrentfreak.com/hola-vpn-sells-users-bandwidth-150528/

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Cause we're small and not worth the initial infrastructure investment when the service is still having it's kinks and issues ironed out.

Wasn't Hola selling people's details to others? I wouldn't be too inclined to stick with it... Confirmed: https://torrentfreak.com/hola-vpn-sells-users-bandwidth-150528/

thanks, removed it

No discussion on bypassing regional restrictions folks. It's against the charter.

PS4 games coming.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/ps4-games-on-pc
    There are already 483 games on PS Now, but they’re all from the PS3. Still, that gives you access to games we can’t play on PC without the streaming service, such as Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us.

With the announcement that PS4 games are coming to the service, we could end up being able to play things like The Last of Us: Part Two, Persona 5, Nioh, The Last Guardian, and a bunch of other exciting PlayStation exclusives, all without the need to own a console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see Playstation 4 games will be available at the end of the year

Is it still the case it's not available in Ireland?

Can't see it being cheap to rent anything new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Are Sony not essentially killing off potential console sales by making exclusives available on PC?

I think their kind of preempting the fact that in another generation or two they will all just be subscription services available on multiple devices. At least in IMO that's how I see it going

I think their kind of preempting the fact that in another generation or two they will all just be subscription services available on multiple devices. At least in IMO that's how I see it going

MS in particular seem to be actively moving in that direction with things like "Play Anywhere" titles and the xbox game pass that's coming soon.

makes sense really when you think about it, how many people own one console that plays all the 3rd party games and dont/wont want to buy another console to just play a few exclusives. Whereas if its all subscription like Netflix everyone can play everything on anything, more people playing and paying for the same game that only 1/10 could play before. Its going the phone/netflix route which is great :)

Advertisement