Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painter in cork city

Options
  • 23-08-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Can anyone recommend a good, reliable painter in cork city? Also any idea of price for two coats to an average sitting room? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi, I've used a Polish guy named Bart several times. He is very good and very reasonable. He normally paints in the evenings or the weekend as he has a day job. I would recommend him to anyone. His English isn't great so he prefers if you text. Text him the details on 0894405900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wouldn't be a fan of using strangers for "foxers"

I've used David Barry from Coachford (most of his staff from the city) a few times good prices and great finish allways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hi, I've used a Polish guy named Bart several times. He is very good and very reasonable. He normally paints in the evenings or the weekend as he has a day job. I would recommend him to anyone. His English isn't great so he prefers if you text. Text him the details on 0894405900

Does he do external house work? How much does he charge(is he reasonable)? Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does he do external house work? How much does he charge(is he reasonable)? Thanks

I've only used him for internal walls, ceilings etc so I'm not sure, yes he is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

We hired John Cooney to paint a lot of our house when we moved in... living room, kitchen, dining, sunroom, hall (incl. high wall at stairs) and main bedroom. He also did all the pine in the house (doors, windows sills & skirting board), painting it white. Very tidy work and a gent to deal with. We had 2 people recommend him to us too. I can't remember exactly but it was around €1600-1700 for 8 days work including the paint. He's based out in Midleton but he probably works in the city too. He's in high demand though so you may have to wait a bit (we waited just shy of 2 months to get him in). I can PM you his number if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi all, Can anyone recommend a good, reliable painter in cork city? Also any idea of price for two coats to an average sitting room? Thanks

Got quoted 150 to paint 2 coats and we provide the paint

Advertisement