Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was my package changed without my consent?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

as above , i rang a few weeks ago to ask why i was being charged an extra €8 a month for the privilege of having something called "eir sports" which i neither asked for , wanted , or can even use...( I dont have a Sky Box, my browser is google chrome, & i dont fancy watching football or any tv on my phone )

your rep mentioned to me something about my contract having been changed ( im currently on Uk unlimited) he asked me where i rang the most and with me being from Glasgow I said the UK , he said he would change this for me and also add unlimited Irish mobile calls from next month.. Change it for me I thought.. but i was already on UK calls ?? 

So my main question is why did he have to change it if i was already on the UK free calls to mobiles and landlines ?? did you change my contract when you added the €8 extra a month to my bill ( which i found very unethical btw) 

the price for next months bill is now on "my eir" page and it is nearly triple my usual bill though i dont have a itemised bill yet, I am very worried that the reason for this may be that you took away my UK calls, therefore i am now being charged for them, 

Can you confirm to me  whether this may be the case? whether whilst adding a useless sports function to my account you also changed my call packages ? 

and can you also confirm if you are going to some day get the eir sports function working on either chrome... or Microsoft edge at least? 

you didnt really think this whole thing through it seems to me 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    as above , i rang a few weeks ago to ask why i was being charged an extra €8 a month for the privilege of having something called "eir sports" which i neither asked for , wanted , or can even use...( I dont have a Sky Box, my browser is google chrome, & i dont fancy watching football or any tv on my phone )

your rep mentioned to me something about my contract having been changed ( im currently on Uk unlimited) he asked me where i rang the most and with me being from Glasgow I said the UK , he said he would change this for me and also add unlimited Irish mobile calls from next month.. Change it for me I thought.. but i was already on UK calls ?? 

So my main question is why did he have to change it if i was already on the UK free calls to mobiles and landlines ?? did you change my contract when you added the €8 extra a month to my bill ( which i found very unethical btw) 

the price for next months bill is now on "my eir" page and it is nearly triple my usual bill though i dont have a itemised bill yet, I am very worried that the reason for this may be that you took away my UK calls, therefore i am now being charged for them, 

Can you confirm to me  whether this may be the case? whether whilst adding a useless sports function to my account you also changed my call packages ? 

and can you also confirm if you are going to some day get the eir sports function working on either chrome... or Microsoft edge at least? 

you didnt really think this whole thing through it seems to me 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]Hi oranbhoy67, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry you feel this way. The increase wouldn’t be related to the new Eir sports offer. The eir sports offer would be free of charge however, there is also a price increase occurring for some eir customers. We have advised comreg of these changes & they have informed us that once a 30 day notification is provided to each customer the prices can be amended. This would also be noted in our terms & conditions however I can understand your frustration with this. If you would like to PM your account number I can query into your latest bill & make sure your UK call are still included. - Stacey

Advertisement