Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of contract for landline and BB

Options
  • 23-08-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

I've asked a rep twice for an answer on this via a PM but I'm being stonewalled.

I am out of contract so if I move to another company (who've said I don't have to do anything, they will do it all) do I need to give notice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

funnyname wrote: »
    Anyone?
    Hi funnyname, apologies for the delayed response. I would recommend contacting our cancellations team directly on 1800303600 (Opt 1) to provide notice on this so it is on record you contacted us & you're waiting to port out. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone?
    Hi funnyname, apologies for the delayed response. I would recommend contacting our cancellations team directly on 1800303600 (Opt 1) to provide notice on this so it is on record you contacted us & you're waiting to port out. Stacey
    I will do but I don't understand why you can't give me a direct answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Anyone?
    I will do but I don't understand why you can't give me a direct answer.
    There is a dedicated department that would deal with these queries funnyname and this is why we would redirect you to them. Any account changes would need to be requested and logged by this department. 

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ok, for my future reference then, as I'll be cancelling in a few months because I don't want to pay for a sports channel.

What notice do I have to give eir if I'm out of contract, or will my new supplier look after this?

Simple question. What is the procedure? If the new supplier says they will do it all why do I need to contact sir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely the time to cancel is now while they're changing price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I've asked a rep twice for an answer on this via a PM but I'm being stonewalled.

I am out of contract so if I move to another company (who've said I don't have to do anything, they will do it all) do I need to give notice?
    Well according to this "out of court settlement" between Eircom and Comreg from 2014, it would seem that if you are out of contract you can just switch provider -

Changing service provider
    5. For customers that are switching service provider outside of their minimum contract term, Eircom will immediately remove from its terms and conditions any provisions allowing charges, claims or penalties to be applied in lieu of notice.

6. This means that Eircom customers outside of their minimum contractual term may change service provider by agreement with a new provider without any penalty being applied by Eircom if they do not wish to inform Eircom of this decision.

7. Eircom will no longer apply disaggregated bundle charges for the final bill when the customer is switching service provider.

8. Eircom will update its terms and conditions in accordance with the above.

9. Eircom will not engage in “Save” activity with a customer who is attempting to notify Eircom about switching service provider without first accepting and confirming the notice provided and subsequently seeking confirmation from the customer that they wish to continue the conversation with Eircom.

10.Eircom will prominently publish full details of its requirements for changing service provider on its website.

http://www.comreg.ie/csv/downloads/ComReg1477.pdf

Also from Eir's own switching section (which seems a bit confused!):
    Switching to another Service Provider
    There are a few important things that you need to be aware of if you are switching your services to a new service provider:
    • You are obliged under the terms of your contract with eir to provide 30 days' notice of your intention to switch service provider.
    • Customers who switch service provider without giving eir 30 days' notice of their intention to switch will not be charged a penalty fee.
    • You may currently be in a service contract with eir; if you choose to switch provider while you are still in the minimum period of your contract you will be liable for early cease fees and charges. If you are unsure whether or not you are still in the minimum period of your contract:
      • - You will have received a letter from eir informing you of the terms of contract when you last entered into a contract
      • - You can call an eir customer service advisor at 1800 504 110.
    [*]

https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Ok, for my future reference then, as I'll be cancelling in a few months because I don't want to pay for a sports channel.

What notice do I have to give eir if I'm out of contract, or will my new supplier look after this?

Simple question. What is the procedure? If the new supplier says they will do it all why do I need to contact sir?
    This would be case by case depending on the service you are availing of Joshua Helpful Wood. 30 day written notice would usually be required.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

chasm wrote: »

Well according to this "out of court settlement" between Eircom and Comreg from 2014, it would seem that if you are out of contract you can just switch provider -

Changing service provider
    5. For customers that are switching service provider outside of their minimum contract term, Eircom will immediately remove from its terms and conditions any provisions allowing charges, claims or penalties to be applied in lieu of notice.

6. This means that Eircom customers outside of their minimum contractual term may change service provider by agreement with a new provider without any penalty being applied by Eircom if they do not wish to inform Eircom of this decision.

7. Eircom will no longer apply disaggregated bundle charges for the final bill when the customer is switching service provider.

8. Eircom will update its terms and conditions in accordance with the above.

9. Eircom will not engage in “Save” activity with a customer who is attempting to notify Eircom about switching service provider without first accepting and confirming the notice provided and subsequently seeking confirmation from the customer that they wish to continue the conversation with Eircom.

10.Eircom will prominently publish full details of its requirements for changing service provider on its website.

http://www.comreg.ie/csv/downloads/ComReg1477.pdf

Also from Eir's own switching section (which seems a bit confused!):
    Switching to another Service Provider
    There are a few important things that you need to be aware of if you are switching your services to a new service provider:
    • You are obliged under the terms of your contract with eir to provide 30 days' notice of your intention to switch service provider.
    • Customers who switch service provider without giving eir 30 days' notice of their intention to switch will not be charged a penalty fee.
    • You may currently be in a service contract with eir; if you choose to switch provider while you are still in the minimum period of your contract you will be liable for early cease fees and charges. If you are unsure whether or not you are still in the minimum period of your contract:
      • - You will have received a letter from eir informing you of the terms of contract when you last entered into a contract
      • - You can call an eir customer service advisor at 1800 504 110.

[*]

https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching

[*]
    Thank you. I just can't factor why they can't just say that here. Answering a question with advice to phone them is strange. It's not a case by case issue. I have a phone and broadband, why do I have tell them I'm moving supplier when out of contract? I don't. But they just will not say so for some reason.

Advertisement