Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU-30649-2 error, won't read USB

Options
  • 23-08-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I am just in the middle of installing the OS for the Ps4 as I upgraded my HDD and it seems to not recongise the file?
    I have formatted the flash drive to exFAT and also downloaded the larger file size for the fresh install but I keep getting this error? I also have the folder names and file names correct anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Format to Fat32 and make sure you have dl'd the full software update, the one that's about 900mb ,not the 400mb-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Yeah I have the right one the file around the 900mb marks its in the drop down menu for the recovery install, tried the different format no joy! Even tried a different USB honestly stumped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yeah I have the right one the file around the 900mb marks its in the drop down menu for the recovery install, tried the different format no joy! Even tried a different USB honestly stumped now.

Do you have to put it in a folder like the ps3 update?

Edit :

Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in
    step 1. Save the file with the file name "PS4UPDATE.PUP".

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

eddhorse wrote: »
    Do you have to put it in a folder like the ps3 update?

Edit :

Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in
    step 1. Save the file with the file name "PS4UPDATE.PUP".

Yeah I did it in the end the link for the download of the official ps4 website wasn't up to date it seems ! Downloaded it from another source ps4firmware ! It's working now !

Advertisement