Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOLAR FARM in Causeway on the way

Options
  • 23-08-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Is it over 20 Acres ?

Terra Solar director Andre Fernon plans €30m development with enough electricity to power 3,000 homes.

Contrary to public perception, direct sunlight is not required for modern solar photovoltaic (Solar PV) systems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

amadain wrote: »
    Is it over 20 Acres ?

Terra Solar director Andre Fernon plans €30m development with enough electricity to power 3,000 homes.

Contrary to public perception, direct sunlight is not required for modern solar photovoltaic (Solar PV) systems.

Where in Causeway amadain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

The site of the old tomato glasshouses was looking for planning any way

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Any links to more info on this amadain?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

If this is the site at Dromroe behind a school then no decision has been made on it yet and Reeve wave are the company behind it. Some other solar company might have another site somewhere in Causeway I don't know???? Reeve wave have had some success in getting solar farms granted in cork

Terra solar have been refused permission at Ballygrennan near Listowel and have had permission granted near killarney, they have a site in Trienearagh that should be decided on fairly soon.

Anyone know of any other solar sites or solar company with planning applications in Kerry?

I'm not too sure what the story is with this planned solar farm or the companies involved but it's not the same site as the one next to the school. The one next to the school is a planned Waste to energy plant (burning cow sh*t and other stuff, as far as I'm aware).

The solar farm was planned to be built on the road beyond the pig factory, towards Ballincrossig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

kerryked wrote: »
    I'm not too sure what the story is with this planned solar farm or the companies involved but it's not the same site as the one next to the school. The one next to the school is a planned Waste to energy plant (burning cow sh*t and other stuff, as far as I'm aware).

The solar farm was planned to be built on the road beyond the pig factory, towards Ballincrossig.

The solar panels are to go in and around the waste treatment facility and whatever else is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The solar panels are to go in and around the waste treatment facility and whatever else is in there.

Makes sense, saves building a second substation and running cables

Fair enough, hadn't heard that. Thanks for the correction

Advertisement