Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Simply Broadband - Line Rental?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Trying to get Broadband set up in my parents house who live in the middle of nowhere in the midlands. There's never been any working offers except a Three mobile router under the National Broadband Scheme which they had out of desperation more than anything else. However, now I've heard that Vodafone's Home Broadband is pretty good in their area.

So to the point: Looking at getting Vodafone Simply Broadband without phone at 40 Eur a month but I'm just wondering would this package mean my parents would still need to pay for line rental, or is that negated because it's fibre and then a separate connection?

We had a landline years ago but my parents ended their contract and stopped using it to save on money. Sorry if this is an stupid question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Vodafone don't charge line rental on ADSL/VDSL

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davdd

Even though Vodafone uses Eircom's lines?

Thanks for your response, sorry just trying to understand before the sign up to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your 40/mo (now 44 no?) Includes 30/mo approx that goes to OpenEir. They just don't break it down on the bill.any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davdd

Oh that makes sense, perfect thank you!

Advertisement