Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 4 - band in a box. Worth it?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

is it worth getting this? one of the kids is looking for it for his 11th birthday but I'm not sure about it....any comment or advice on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone?

ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone?

How much can you get it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

It's very worth it. Gamestop have it for 100 euros but you might have to call around for it.

To be fair I don't think the songs would be well know for a 11 year old. But you do have DLC that comes out every week ans have loads to pick from on the store as well.

Would your child be a A7X fan or a Justin beiber fan?. As both are there

If you can get the full kit for E100 I'd go for it.

As trustedapple said though make sure your son would like the song list in the game and if not be prepared to buy some songs through the rock band store.

cheers lads

got it for €50 in Gamestop in the Crescent Shopping Centre Limerick - not sure if it's store specific or in all gamestops...

• Advertisement

cheers lads

got it for €50 in Gamestop in the Crescent Shopping Centre Limerick - not sure if it's store specific or in all gamestops...

Was that for the whole set, drums and all?

Yeah, complete set.

Guitar and game was €20 - still there as of early afternoon

Yeah, complete set.

Guitar and game was €20 - still there as of early afternoon

Wow, you got an absolute bargain there.

Hope your son enjoys it :)

God I was an absolute fiend for Rock Band games and just couldn't justify getting RB4 as I'd have needed all new instruments as my old ones are shagged but 50 quid??????? I'm gonna check my local tomorrow , I've massed of DLC to put to use :)

God I was an absolute fiend for Rock Band games and just couldn't justify getting RB4 as I'd have needed all new instruments as my old ones are shagged but 50 quid??????? I'm gonna check my local tomorrow , I've massed of DLC to put to use :)

What's your local? You can check on their website if there is any in stock in that store.

Think I might check around myself tomorrow. I have the game but old instruments and I don't think I'll ever get a better price for the new drums and guitar.

• Advertisement

What's your local? You can check on their website if there is any in stock in that store.

Just did they got none, but I'll ring the near ones in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hey Folks,

I picked this up from Zavvi a few weeks back and it's well worth it, especially if you have exported your tracks from Rock Band 1 and/or 2

If you have that DLC will be available as a free download.

Also make sure that you update the firmware on the guitar and the drums as it improves the hit detection on them.

And just spotted on HUKD that Argos have the band in a box and the guitar bundles for €59.99 and €29.99 respectively.

Band in a box.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3194157/Trail/searchtext%3EROCK+BAND.htm

Guitar & Software/
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3220052/Trail/searchtext%3EROCK+BAND.htm

Hey Folks,

I picked this up from Zavvi a few weeks back and it's well worth it, especially if you have exported your tracks from Rock Band 1 and/or 2

Also make sure that you update the firmware on the guitar and the drums as it improves the hit detection on them.

And just spotted on HUKD that Argos have the band in a box and the guitar bundles for €59.99 and €29.99 respectively.

Band in a box.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3194157/Trail/searchtext%3EROCK+BAND.htm

Guitar & Software/
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3220052/Trail/searchtext%3EROCK+BAND.htm

I don't know why Argos bothered dropping the BIAB price. Can't remember the last time they actually had it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hey Folks,

Band in a box.

Guitar & Software/

Yeah it's great with the back catalogue. Love this game, had given up after 3, didn't bother with any of the extras but having a blast with 4.

Got the band in a box for E50 in GameStop!

Thanks for the heads up ablelocks.

Hey Folks,

Band in a box.

Guitar & Software/

Cheers , gamestop near us didn't have a BIAB , and argos have none either so settled for a game+guitar, my old ones are shagged so no point getting the adaptor version and I was never much of a singer or drummer :D

...and my ready to install for Rock Band 4 is 361 items :eek:

...and my ready to install for Rock Band 4 is 361 items :eek:

Have you exported RB1, RB2, RB3 and RB Lego yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

What games console is it €50 for
    (Ps4 , Xb1)

DaisyDLady wrote: »
    What games console is it €50 for
    (Ps4 , Xb1)

I'd say both but I was just looking for XB1

• Advertisement

Have you exported RB1, RB2, RB3 and RB Lego yet? :D

I had all those in RB3 so they should be on the list of stuff installing. So now I have to sit through 300+ pop ups of the songs installed /reboots

I had all those in RB3 so they should be on the list of stuff installing. So now I have to sit through 300+ pop ups of the songs installed /reboots

Get the RB3 export as well!

Get the RB3 export as well!

Actually it's looking for me to to pay for that , I had it exported for rockband blitz I think, other stuff like the doors songs I had in RB3 and AC/DC export are nowhere to be seen.

Region change on the console maybe to see if they are there?

Actually it's looking for me to to pay for that , I had it exported for rockband blitz I think, other stuff like the doors songs I had in RB3 and AC/DC export are nowhere to be seen.

Region change on the console maybe to see if they are there?

I think some songs they've lost the rights to but Harmonix have said they will become available at some stage to download for people who had already bought them in the past. I'm still waiting for the 20 free song pack from RB2.

It's E15 I think to export RB3. I think this is the first time it's been available to export into any of the Rock band games.

I think some songs they've lost the rights to but Harmonix have said they will become available at some stage to download for people who had already bought them in the past. I'm still waiting for the 20 free song pack from RB2.

It's E15 I think to export RB3. I think this is the first time it's been available to export into any of the Rock band games.

Ah your right it would have imported blitz into rock band 3 not the other way around

Advertisement