Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Spoilers 23.08.2016

• 23-08-2016 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Juat been announced that Bryan will be
    unveiling two new titles tonight.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

New women's title: Anyone but Nikki Bella, fecking anyone. I'd nearly take Eva Marie over another reign of terror from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Holy crap, how over is Slater??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Slater is amazing I want him to win this all I don't care who the partner is.

Natayla and naomi are terrible on commentary here.

What's the point in having Bliss and Carmella in that title match. Have they won a match yet? Makes the division look even more light. Should just be Nikki vs Becky tbh

What a terrible tag division as well but the Slater storyline hopefully should be good.

• Advertisement

So curt hawkins is just Matt hardy v1 now

Nooooooooo, Shane v Brock.... please don't do it, Vince!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Heath Slater and Rhyno now a tag-team. Would have preferred a surprise announcement (to match Bayley), but this could be a strong run with Heath's absurd overness with the crowd.

Deano actually doing a decent job on commentary here, getting Ziggler over as a legit opponent for AJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Good shout in turning Carmella, was getting a little concerned she was getting swallowed up by the step up.

She stood out there more in two minutes than she has all month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Like the designs, such as they are, of the new titles. SD may not be spectacular, but its far, far more consistent than Raw is. Its a solid show thats slowly building its new stars as top guys.

But the best part each week is Talking Smack, the aftershow on the Network. Its mainly Daniel Bryan asking questions to superstars which blend kayfabe and reality, and most of the time, the acts seem uncomfortable trying to work that style of discussion.

Except this week, Miz ****ING DESTORYED Bryan, in what was an amazing "worked shoot" response when Bryan calls out Miz's style of wrestling as cowardly. Seriously, watch this three minutes, please.

https://streamable.com/yvwz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Nooooooooo, Shane v Brock.... please don't do it, Vince!

Maybe Shane might hire taker or Goldberg too help him ??

Styles vs Ambrose is going to be a good match

What now for Ziggler ???

Will watch at lunch but it sounds amazing, hope they follow up on it.

There's potential there to turn Bryan into a bitter heel gm, which would offer a way better dynamic than what we currently have between both commissioners/gms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Like the designs, such as they are, of the new titles. SD may not be spectacular, but its far, far more consistent than Raw is. Its a solid show thats slowly building its new stars as top guys.

But the best part each week is Talking Smack, the aftershow on the Network. Its mainly Daniel Bryan asking questions to superstars which blend kayfabe and reality, and most of the time, the acts seem uncomfortable trying to work that style of discussion.

Except this week, Miz ****ING DESTORYED Bryan, in what was an amazing "worked shoot" response when Bryan calls out Miz's style of wrestling as cowardly. Seriously, watch this three minutes, please.

That is fantastic, go on the Miz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Miz saying his style is why he doesn't get many injuries is so true. In the last few years you can see the guys who killed themselves pre wwe to the guys that don't. You've seen Zayn & Finn get bad injuries and even Cena picked up a bad injury when he started to work a more wreckless albeit entertaining style.
    BTW Miz is awesome :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »

OMFG he was on fire there. That was from the heart. Bryan literally walked away because he couldn't take it. So good. Miz saying he loved the fans was a little off given his character but that was an epic rant. Watch this!!!

Wow that promo was something else.

One of the reasons why I've been saying the miz is one of the best right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just watched it there. Jesus h Christ on a bike. That was amazing. A worked shoot it might have been but renee looked VERY uncomfortable when the camera went to her. Wow I never disliked the miz but I would say that there have been times when he's been a bit "meh who cares" to me.

Jesus even maryse looked uneasy towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

That reminded me of the old roundtables they used to have on WWF with Heenan, Vince, Monsoon and all the other lads, arguing their heads off. Loved it. Don't know how Miz will top that, though. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE have put the "promo" up on Youtube. I note this because...
    1. It includes what Miz says after Bryan walks away, and he continues to cut his passionate promo (and I'd advise people to watch it for that reason).
    2. WWE cut Bryan's initial comments about how he respects Crews more than Miz despite the loss; basically, WWE cut their video to make Miz's reaction look far less goaded, and cut the bit that (to be blunt) makes Bryan look like the badguy in the situation.

So I'd watch the first video, and then watch the last minute or so of this one, for the complete segment...

• Advertisement

The Crews comment just shows how much of a work it was as it teed Miz up perfectly.

Bryan's been around long enough to appreciate what the WWE product is all about. I'm sure he holds a huge amount of respect for what The Miz brings to the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love The Miz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Renee actually had me questioning if that was real or not, she looked genuinely worried!

I reckon that was a work-shoot-work-shoot-work-work-work-shoot.........shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Smackdown Tag Titles

smackdown-tag-team-titles-wwe-wwe-backlash_3771231.jpg?20160824093905

Smackdown Women's Title

smackdown-womens-title-wwe-backlash-wwe_3771229.jpg?20160824093721

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That Women's championship belt is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I perfectly predicted that Women's Title design to a friend of mine a few weeks ago

Tag Titles looking good with the blue strap too

Someone help me out here - why was the universal soundly panned as disgusting, but these SD tag and women's titles being praised? Is it purely an aesthetics thing, is my appreciation of visual beauty just that poor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Definitely a work, but it's a good one. That was a smartly worked and well executed angle and I hope it gets Miz more over because he's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Only problem I had with smackdown was throwing all 6 women into the one match for the title at backlash. They could have had some sort of competition, such as two triple threats, to determine who would be in the backlash match.

Advertisement