Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access Gmail account

Options
  • 24-08-2016 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Google couldn't verify it's you, so you can't sign in to this account right now.

I tried to log into a gmail account I created a few months ago and it said my password was changed 5 months ago. But whenever I try to get a new password or verify my account the above message gets displayed. I've no way to access my email! Just keep getting that message no matter what I do.

Anyone able to help me find a solution to this issue?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Google couldn't verify it's you, so you can't sign in to this account right now.

I tried to log into a gmail account I created a few months ago and it said my password was changed 5 months ago. But whenever I try to get a new password or verify my account the above message gets displayed. I've no way to access my email! Just keep getting that message no matter what I do.

Anyone able to help me find a solution to this issue?

Thanks for any feedback.

I had this recently on a secondary Gmail account as well - it kept badgering me to provide a phone number for "additional authentication" (even though I don't have 2FA set up on the account), and I refused because the only mobile number I have is already set up for 2FA on my main GMail account.

Oddly enough the app password I'd created to allow access to the affected account from Thunderbird still worked, but in the end the resolution of the problem was to access the account from my tablet over 3G - for some reason accessing the affected account via wifi from a different continent while on holiday a couple of months ago was no problem, but accessing it via wifi at home randomly kicked it off. Worth trying if you have data-enabled devices from which you've accessed the account before.

Advertisement