Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT on scooter?

• 24-08-2016 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

finish the IBT on a geared motorbike, pass the A test, do whatever you want for the rest of time with scooters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

RHJ wrote: »
    Totally forgot to mention that I have only ibt module 4 to do would there be a place I could get it out the way in a day

Just out of curiosity if I were to go out and buy a 125 scooter roughly how much should I expect I would have to pay?

One final question I remember in the UK there was a loophole in the law that allowed you to ride one of those Italian three-wheel scooters using a car licence but still only having to pay motorcycle tax and insurance did that situation ever happen over here?

If you got your B licence before Oct 22nd 2006 you have a moped endorsement, a moped is any bike that can't exceed 45km/h.

The 3 wheel thing is an Irish and UK bastardisation of a European law which allowed our continental neighbours to drive micro cars on a bike licence, we decided that to be more dangerous that the vehicle would only have 3 wheels which lead to the death trap Reliant Robin etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement