Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conned money

Options
  • 24-08-2016 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So rang Eir this morning at 9 o clock to get an issue resolved from the get go an absolute disaster no mannerism no customer service a joke!! Basically I noticed on my bank statements Eir have been taking money from my account since February. I was in my parents house in 2014 when an Eir fields rep called to there door to see would they be interested in the broadband so as he was in the house they got talking and said the bill for the first 6 months would be 30e a month and then after it would be 40euro a month which was fine so he asked had they a bank card or credit card to make an account with Eir they said they didn't so I gave them my Debit Card number for the account to be opened and before we did this we asked him would money be taken out of my account and he said no it can be paid through the post office. So they were happy my father signed the dotted line.

So to get to the point of this is that I rang Eir this morning from being on the phone from 9 until 1 got no where. They were being doubled paid they were taking my money from my account and my father going down to the post office every month to pay his 40euro bill. They told us today on the phone that the bill was put up to 55e from Feb and they were taken money from my account to cover the remaining balance which no consent was issued from me to have it taken out of my account as we told the Eir rep that day in 2014 that it was to be paid in post office.There was no letter sent to my father to tell him that his bill was put up nothing at all the people on the phone today said nothing they can do.

I asked for a manger to be told there was none but yet the man I spoke to on the phone had to run this issue by a "manager" but when I asked to speak to that manager he spoke to I was told no I also asked to have Head Office Phone number and was also told no that they don't have one but yet when you Google it there is a head office number and address. I got no where today with them I'm absolutely fuming that they could do this. They kept saying there was content when my Debit Card details where given but there wasn't as we were told it could be paid in Post Office. I asked for a copy of the contract to be told I couldn't have it and then got hung up on!!

My father also rang them this morning to be told by someone in Eir " there is no record of your post office payments" which he has all receipts from the post office and then got hung up by Eir.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I had similar experience and the reps on here were useless and actually never got back.

Money was taken off my card without consent to do so.

They took an agreed €200 but also helped themselves to a further €468.

I was shocked at their attitude and were extremely rude on the phone.

All we had was broadband no phone and they even had calls charged on the account but a phone never connected.

I would be delighted if they actually got back and dealt with my matter but honestly even after contacting comreg they were also worse then useless.

If a rep actually wanted to help I would love to hear from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Rachel30 wrote: »
    So rang Eir this morning at 9 o clock to get an issue resolved from the get go an absolute disaster no mannerism no customer service a joke!! Basically I noticed on my bank statements Eir have been taking money from my account since February. I was in my parents house in 2014 when an Eir fields rep called to there door to see would they be interested in the broadband so as he was in the house they got talking and said the bill for the first 6 months would be 30e a month and then after it would be 40euro a month which was fine so he asked had they a bank card or credit card to make an account with Eir they said they didn't so I gave them my Debit Card number for the account to be opened and before we did this we asked him would money be taken out of my account and he said no it can be paid through the post office. So they were happy my father signed the dotted line.

So to get to the point of this is that I rang Eir this morning from being on the phone from 9 until 1 got no where. They were being doubled paid they were taking my money from my account and my father going down to the post office every month to pay his 40euro bill. They told us today on the phone that the bill was put up to 55e from Feb and they were taken money from my account to cover the remaining balance which no consent was issued from me to have it taken out of my account as we told the Eir rep that day in 2014 that it was to be paid in post office.There was no letter sent to my father to tell him that his bill was put up nothing at all the people on the phone today said nothing they can do.

I asked for a manger to be told there was none but yet the man I spoke to on the phone had to run this issue by a "manager" but when I asked to speak to that manager he spoke to I was told no I also asked to have Head Office Phone number and was also told no that they don't have one but yet when you Google it there is a head office number and address. I got no where today with them I'm absolutely fuming that they could do this. They kept saying there was content when my Debit Card details where given but there wasn't as we were told it could be paid in Post Office. I asked for a copy of the contract to be told I couldn't have it and then got hung up on!!

My father also rang them this morning to be told by someone in Eir  " there is no record of your post office payments" which he has all receipts from the post office and then got hung up by Eir.
    Hi Rachel30, thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration with this completely. I do apologise for this inconvenience & your experience with the customer care agent. We aim to provide a high level of customer care & I'm very sorry this was not reflected on your call today. I will relay this on as feedback to the relevant team. In relation to the card details, once direct debit or card details are submitted on the system the bills would be deducted automatically if the balance is not paid. I can confirm there is an option to pay in the post office however as the file is sent to the bank 7 days prior to the due day the balance would need to be paid in advance before the bill issued. If double payments were received this would indicate to me that the file was sent to the bank & the money was then deducted on the 14th day however your father has since paid in the post office. Post office payments can take 3-5 working days to register on our side. In relation to the price increase, we would have sent all customers a letter insert or an email notification to notify them of this increase. If your father is not receiving paper bills I would recommend he check his spam/junks emails for this notification. For data protection reasons I'm afraid I would be unable to access the account via this channel without the account holder so I would be unable to arrange this from here however, I would recommend your father get in touch with the billing team directly on 1800503303 (Opt 3) & request your details are removed from the system going forward & if he has all receipts for the post office payments the billing team can escalate all dates and payment reference to the missing payments team & they can investigate this further. I do apologise again for this inconvenience & sincerest apologies I can't offer you further assistance on this from here. Stacey

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Rachel30 wrote: »
    They were being doubled paid they were taking my money from my account and my father going down to the post office every month to pay his 40euro bill.
    My father also rang them this morning to be told by someone in Eir  " there is no record of your post office payments" which he has all receipts from the post office and then got hung up by Eir.
    In relation to the card details, once direct debit or card details are submitted on the system the bills would be deducted automatically if the balance is not paid. I can confirm there is an option to pay in the post office however as the file is sent to the bank 7 days prior to the due day the balance would need to be paid in advance before the bill issued. If double payments were received this would indicate to me that the file was sent to the bank & the money was then deducted on the 14th day however your father has since paid in the post office. Post office payments can take 3-5 working days to register on our side.
    I'd be more concerned as to why once the customer was being double billed, their account wasn't in credit meaning that Eir wouldn't need to take money in the second month.
    Do post office payments not get recorded against a customers account in the same way that an electronic payment e.g. DD is?

Advertisement