Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money from republic to uk

• 24-08-2016 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

WHat is the quickest way to transfer money from Ireland to the UK? All my Irish bank accounts are in minus but my UK ones are not. I need it by today. Does the post office do a service like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,541 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Well, if your accounts are with UK and Irish branches of the same bank, instantaneous transfer may be possible. Talk to your bank.

Otherwise the quickest transaction may be to withdraw cash over the counter in Newry, drive to Dundalk and deposit the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Peregrinus wrote: »

Otherwise the quickest transaction may be to withdraw cash over the counter in Newry, drive to Dundalk and deposit the cash.
    I was going to say Lifford - Strabane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,541 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I was going to say Lifford - Strabane...
    Strabane - Lifford, I think you mean. That would work. Which will work out quicker depends on whether you're closer to Newry or Strabane in the first place.

Advertisement