Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse College Dublin - Worth travelling for?

Options
  • 24-08-2016 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

My name is Tom. I'm a 21 year old from Australia currently in my second and final year studying sound engineering here in Melbourne.

I have been researching the BA Honors in Music Production at Pulse College in Dublin. From what I've seen online it seems a like a great place to study and seems to go more in depth with engineering and producing than what is on offer in my course.

I've learnt a lot in my current engineers course, but with one semester to go it feels like they've stopped teaching us anything new and now it's just a push through simple arbitrary assignments. I feel like there's still much more to learn in production, and Pulse looks like it offers a more intense and hands on course that will teach me more in the craft and help me find professional work.

Now I just want to find out if it would be worth moving all the way to Ireland to attend the BA for 3 years. Pulse have told me they do have quite a few international students studying at the moment.
    From what I've read online in various old blogs, like with every university, people have had positive and negative experiences with Pulse.
    There's only so much you can learn from a marketing campaign, so I was hoping to get in touch with anyone who is/has studied the Music Production course and to hear about their experiences at the College, positive and negative. What they learned, opportunities for work after graduating, if the hefty course fees were worth what you got out of the course etc.

At face value, Pulse looks like it would open the doors to more opportunities in the industry internationally level than what is on offer here in Australia. But some feedback would be great from anyone that has had proper experience in the course.

Thank you for your time.

Advertisement