Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open claim but NCB protected

• 24-08-2016 7:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I crashed 2 weeks ago through the fault of a road that apparently the council are well aware of, anyway I damaged a fence and the owner is claiming for it, rightly so, problem is my renewal is due on Sunday and the quote I'm getting is a bit much, my insurer told me I cant swap insurer as the claim switches to them....I asked how's that possible if a insurer covers me for that time, I got told "I don't make the rules". Does anyone know a insurer that will quote with a open claim as I still have my NCB, quote Devil are one but would like options.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi guys,

I crashed 2 weeks ago through the fault of a road that apparently the council are well aware of, anyway I damaged a fence and the owner is claiming for it, rightly so, problem is my renewal is due on Sunday and the quote I'm getting is a bit much, my insurer told me I cant swap insurer as the claim switches to them....I asked how's that possible if a insurer covers me for that time, I got told "I don't make the rules". Does anyone know a insurer that will quote with a open claim as I still have my NCB, quote Devil are one but would like options.

Thanks in advance :)

Nobody unfortunately.

The claim won't switch to the new insurer so I don't know why they told you that but unfortunately you are stuck with your existing company until such time as the claim settles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

I'm in a similar situation. Had an accident 6 years ago and its still not settled. My premium has gone up 600% over the last 3 years!!! I've complained to the insurance company and even spoke to the ombudsman but I've been told there is feck all I can do. So while the claim is outstanding they can charge what they want - and they do. Basically pay up or off the road.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ah feck! New quote is 1100 but was getting 660 pre claim. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

NCB may be protected but you are at the mercy of the insurer as regards their renewal premium.

Open claims suck.

Advertisement