If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matte TV screen

Options
  • 24-08-2016 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Philips 9 series ambi light TV - about 7 years old - that I bought from you guys.  It has a matte screen (moth eye filter I think) and it is great in our living room which is basically 2 full walls of glass with roof lights.  I would like to get a newer tv, preferably 4k, but I am struggling to find a matte screen.  I know that with matte the black levels aren't as good, and when the room is bright the picture can appear a bit washed out, but for me that is preferable to defined window reflections.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
    TTS 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I have a Philips 9 series ambi light TV - about 7 years old - that I bought from you guys.  It has a matte screen (moth eye filter I think) and it is great in our living room which is basically 2 full walls of glass with roof lights.  I would like to get a newer tv, preferably 4k, but I am struggling to find a matte screen.  I know that with matte the black levels aren't as good, and when the room is bright the picture can appear a bit washed out, but for me that is preferable to defined window reflections.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
    TTS 
    Hi TTS

I had a look at our televisions in store to see which would have the "most" matte finish but unfortunately all of them are finished to almost gloss. The closest I have seen to matte would be the Panasonics but I don't think they would be of a suitable matte finish to what you're looking for. The panasonics are great for viewing angle however and deal with bright rooms and reflections quite well.

If I was to recommend one, depending on the size I would recommend either the DX700 or the DX802, both fantastic TVs.

Let me know what you think.

Kind Regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.