Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 2.0TDI, BMW 520d or Honda Accord 2.2d

• 24-08-2016 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

After months of searching for cars I am starting to get a little frustrated. Found a lovely 2010 Audi A4 Allroad. High mileage but lovely bus to drive and in great mechanical order. All set to buy but the VRT was an absolute killer on it.

Have wittled it down to the options above. Have about 10,000 to spend and have found these cars in around 2008/2009 average in and around the same price.

Question is which one is the best option? Had an A4 in the past but it was a 2.5TDI V6 Quattro and could not fault it. Always wanted a BMW but have heard they are costly to run and indeed fix if something goes wrong. I have not heard much about the Honda's but I know that Honda have great name for good engines and also (I can only assume) would be relatively cheap by comparison to the others on price.

I have found a Garage in Cork that has all 3 Cars in stock. About the same Mileage and the same price. Was hoping to use this as an opportunity to test drive the 3.

As I said I just cannot decide and anyone I seek advice sways me different ways. Would love to hear some opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A BMW ain't going to be any more expensive to repair/maintain than a similar Audi imo. If it's a 520d of that vintage then make sure that the timing chain has been replaced already as it's a big problem on them. BTW a 5 Series is similar to an A6 rather than an A4 or Accord.

Advertisement