Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS banking

• 24-08-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what if any is the difference in an agency ebs branch and a full ebs branch (non agency). I am asking because my local ebs is an agency one and not very good.(blanchardstown)
    Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What aspect of the business are you asking about? I don't think EBS ties an account to a branch like the regular banks do, my EBS savings a/c is supposedly in Liffey St. though I've never set foot in the place. I wouldn't worry about opening an account in that place, you can lodge and withdraw money anywhere once you have a driving licence or similar with you though they have a scan of your signature (and possibly your photo) on their system which the teller will check if you're withdrawing so they rarely ask for ID.

I see your thread title mentions 'banking' so if you're talking about a moneymanager account, there is only one branch (sort) code for the whole of the EBS meaning that if that guy closes and you have to move your regular business to some other branch, it won't affect you in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

horse7 wrote: »
    Just wondering what if any is the difference in an agency ebs branch and a full ebs branch (non agency). I am asking because my local ebs is an agency one and not very good.(blanchardstown)

Ownership, I think. I suspect that agencies are not owned by EBS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭horse7

Do they operate under the same rules?

Apparently ebs Blanchard's town do not accept on line utility bills as part of I'd for new accounts.

Have been talking to Ebs head office ,and the blanchardstown branch is incorrect with their procedure regarding online utility bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

So go to a different branch and quote the guy in head office - you did get his name?

Hey All

Wondering if anyone can help me, recently moved banks for my parents from Ulster Bank to EBS. However, my parents are old school and only have the one IOS phone. The EBS Authenticator will only allow one account per phone to log on. Does anyone know a way around this without having to go buy a new phone? The new phone would just be for this...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You already have a new thread on this topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement