Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Trainer - does this quote sound about right?

• 24-08-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 47 Snookercues

Hi all,

Venturing over here to ask your expert opinion! OK, so 3 years of relationship weight gain later ( :( ) I have arrived at a point where I am going to explode if I don't do something about my weight.

I have been looking in to a personal trainer for a 12 week programme of 3 times a week (diet plan etc etc). After the initial consultation, where he did the whole kit and kaboodle in terms of measurements, analysis etc, he presented me with the prices and its €997 for the 3 months. This is my first time ever doing this and honestly I have no clue of what price to expect! I am totally aware that I could join a gym for a third of that for the year, but honestly unless I have someone that I am answerable to, I would never go....

So, is this expensive or about average?

Thanks a mill.,
    Snooker.

Comments

Looks like it's 30 quid a session. Is each session with the pt? Half hour or hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Snookercues

Hi Bluewolf

yep, its one-on-one, and Its 30 min sessions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Standard price for a good trainer. Quote looks good. You should see great progress over that time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Snookercues

Thanks Hanley - its outside of Dublin, so probably might be "slightly" cheaper than in town.... I am treating it as an investment in myself. And hopefully as you said - great progress!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Standard price for a good trainer. Quote looks good. You should see great progress over that time period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Less than €27.70 per session, lower again when you factor in the diet plan and initial consult. Seems reasonable tbh.
    Training and knowledge aside, what do you think somebodies time should cost?

To make the most out of your sessions, arrive early and warm up before hand.

Advertisement