If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" TV Recommendations

Options
  • 24-08-2016 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Hey, 

Looking to get a new TV in or around 40", I have a budget of €400+

Have a Samsung 32" that has served me very well the past eight years but happy to try a different brand. Ideally looking for a TV with three HDMI ports.

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

the fnj wrote: »
    Hey, 

Looking to get a new TV in or around 40", I have a budget of €400+

Have a Samsung 32" that has served me very well the past eight years but happy to try a different brand. Ideally looking for a TV with three HDMI ports.

Cheers
    Hi fnj,

The Samsungs are still great TVs. I would recommend the Samsung UE40K5500, a very good starter TV with smart features and three HDMI inputs at 519 Euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202053-ue40k5500.aspx

If you are looking to upgrade to a 4K TV I would highly recommend the Panasonic TX40DX600 at 609 Euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201943-viera-tx40dx600b.aspx

Let me know if either of these are what you are looking for.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Hi David, thanks for your response.  I like the look of the first one, especially if I pay in sterling? Do you guys price match against Amazon?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

the fnj wrote: »
    Hi David, thanks for your response.  I like the look of the first one, especially if I pay in sterling? Do you guys price match against Amazon?
    Hi fnj,

We do but they would have to include shipping and a 6 year guarantee. I had a look at Amazon's deal and they are offering a 4 year guarantee for £66. Ours is £399 with a free 6 year guarantee. I would also recommend paying in sterling as you may get a better exchange rate with your bank.

Many thanks

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.