Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place/Time for GPU deals later this year.

Options
  • 24-08-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I'm holding off on the GPU in my build as I won't need it until around Christmas but what I want to know is where should I be looking for deals on graphics cards (specifically RX480) and also around when will these deals begin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

You can keep an eye on geizhals.eu in order to see the current prices across practically every store in the EU (though that doesn't guarantee they ship to Ireland).
    Same with https://www.curiua.com/

You can also set up price watchers on amazon.co.uk using camelcamelcamel

Black Friday through Cyber monday is probably the best time to look for deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

Xenoronin wrote: »
    You can keep an eye on geizhals.eu in order to see the current prices across practically every store in the EU (though that doesn't guarantee they ship to Ireland).
    Same with https://www.curiua.com/

You can also set up price watchers on amazon.co.uk using camelcamelcamel

Black Friday through Cyber monday is probably the best time to look for deals.

Would amazon have gooddeals on gpus during these times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Probably.
    Which gpu are you after?
    Keep an eye on warehouse sales too in amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Probably.
    Which gpu are you after?
    Keep an eye on warehouse sales too in amazon.

The RX480

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Without being smart: any time will be better down the line buying a new gpu like 480 then it is now.
    Demand is super highs retailers throw in the "shortage" tax on it now. Need a fewonths for hype go down amd stocks to be able to meet demand.
    It's good time to buy bargains like 970 etc. Second hand or retailers trying to get wrid of stock.
    As for places, it's complicated, some retailers cheaper, but delivery will kill it for one item. Some do free deliveries. As always my best places to go are amazon, overclockers and scan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement