Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Baggot Street Parking

• 24-08-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Anyone know what the situation for motorbike parking is on Lower Baggot Street?

Have a course coming up at IBEC and was going to head in on the bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Park on the footpath and chain it to a lamppost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea park it anywhere really. There's a few wide footpaths around there so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be walking up Lower Baggot Street over lunch so I can have a scout about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There's a few gaps in the median there used for bike parking. I often walk around there and always see the same bikes parked in them so it must be safe enough.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

GBX wrote: »
    Park on the footpath and chain it to a lamppost?

Just make sure you aren't blocking any dipped footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Thanks all, I went up there today and there seems to be plenty of options.

What's the story with the bus lanes though? Can we use them legally or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You can't, but you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Guards turn a blind eye most of the time. I use them every day getting into the city and never a word said. I've been pulled a few times from being in a bus land to get checked for licence and tax etc but nothing ever said about actually being int he lane itself.

Saying that you're not meant to be there and in theory you could get done for it.

I think they are lenient especially at rush hour. Not sure how they might be if it's not.

Advertisement