Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN Beats Solo2 Headphones with Electric Ireland! #ThrowbackParty

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭cbee20

Loved to play ''Queenio, who's got the ball, Are they big or are they small?'' We used to play this and loved when you had the ball and the Queenio didn't guess correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Red ass - Headers and volleys with the added bonus of getting to kick the ball as hard as you can against the arse of the loser

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Rounders... Cause I could bat like Rodriguez and run like Gump!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

My primary school didn't really have much in the way of facilities, so I ended up making up a game for me and my friends... It was called "kick the wall" and what you'd do is dip your runner into a puddle to get it wet, then kick as high up as you possibly could, leaving a wet footprint on the wall. And whoever got the highest footprint was the winner. And then it evolved a bit to the point where you didn't have to actually make contact with the wall, but just "flick" your wet foot at the wall to leave the highest mark.

Ehhh... I wasn't a particularly creative child, this kept me and my little group of friends entertained for ages! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Hi all,

Electric Ireland is the official Energy Partner for Electric Picnic 2016!

Boards_Cover.jpg

This year we’re all about #ThrowbackParty, and to get everyone in the mood, we are currently running a Facebook Live competition, on our Electric Ireland Facebook page, at 7:30pm every evening this week until Friday 26th August. There, you have the chance of winning tickets to Electric Picnic by taking part in our #ThrowbackParty live gameshows! Be sure to tune in!

To get into the #ThrowbackParty spirit here on Boards, we’re giving away a pair of Beats Solo2 On-Ear headphones (Luxe Edition). To be in with the chance to win, just post your favourite school yard game to this thread! One post per person and be sure to explain why you loved playing this when you were at school!

The competition will run until Monday 29th August, with the winning entry being announced shortly thereafter.

***Full T&C's here***

This year as Official Energy Partner, we've helped reduce the Electric Picnic festival's lighting emissions by 80%, and we have installed six kilometres of energy-efficient lighting to help guide festival-goers!

All the best :)
    The Electric Ireland Team
    British Bulldog or red rover - the thrill of racing from one end to the other without being caught. testing speed and agility... and making sure you were beside a slower person each time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

marbles - found buckets of marbles in an old shed so i didnt mind losing and was great fun winning extra off friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Please do not try this at home and YES it was utterly stupid

We had a field beside the yard at secondary school,
    One of the lads brought in a crossbow one day,we went into the field and he shot the bow directly vertical and we had to dodge it coming back down 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

My primary school yard had some trees, shrubs, flower beds and concrete steps and concrete surrounding raised flower beds. We decided this would make a great obstacle course. We used to have races over set courses and it was great fun to try and win as many races as possible. Bruises and scratches were not mentioned and torn clothes and muddy shoes were just trophies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 joanboot

It was like an original Game of Thrones, there was a track aroung the school yard and there would be demons along the track ready to execute you as you went through the course. Geting through was tough but when a girl beat the boys, it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alice162

French skipping, consisting of a large piece of elastic worn around the ankles by two girls standing opposite one another.

Then another person would jump in and out of it using various different footwork combinations (lots of different ones !).

I loved playing this game coz although I wasn't at all sporty for some reason I excelled at this ! 

#ThrowbackParty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Rounders! I absolutely loved this game, one of the best memories that I had of school days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Captain Planet- can remember playing it in babies or senior infants running around the being the different characters from the tv show
    That's one of the first.games I can rememeber playing in the yard in school, we'd just run after each  other pretending to.be earth and wind and all.the other chstactrrs simple.game but.kept us entertained. Haha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Marbles - because you could end up taking home loads of captured marbles, but ran the risk of losing your own too

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Marbles! Play for keeps so you could win and lose your favorite marbles :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

Conkers, (dipped in varnish :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Headers and Volleys.

Keep the ball off the ground by heading and volleying it between a group of kids. The bonus is, this game is still fun as adults!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MeganNicD

"The Creeling game" - basically the entire school would play this game at lunch and whoever was running with the ball, the whole school was after them trying to "creel them" ... The principle banned it after but it was so funny to play at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flood16

One Touch football, but football's weren't allowed so we had to use a tennis ball, great skill required, which some of us were unfortunately lacking ! 

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bulldogs Charge.

Could really draw out bed times by playing that as long as there was light. 

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Corkman64

Tip the Can - One of the most fun and simple games and I wish I could still play it. Teachers eventually banned it in our school as there were a few "minor" accidents. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 goatman

Football

We would play football everyday all day and use 2 jumpers as goals.

We would run and run it would be great to be fit again

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

Hide and Seek because I knew a few good spots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Red arse, nothing else comes close for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Bulldog all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Thanks all for taking part - some great memories!

This competition has closed and we will announce the winner shortly.

Winner will be drawn randomly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Congratulations to BrookieD - you are the winner of a pair of Beats headphones!

Private message on the way. :)

Stay tuned for more competitions on our Social Media channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

Congrats winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Congratulations to BrookieD - you are the winner of a pair of Beats headphones!

Private message on the way. :)

Stay tuned for more competitions on our Social Media channels!
    Epic win, many many thanks - just replied to the PM.

Thanks again. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement