Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

• 24-08-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Garda Appointments confirmed that there will be a class of 200 starting in November.

I know of people with OOM's in the 200's who made the September class, so anybody who successfully passes both the medical and fitness has a great chance of making November.

We should use this thread to discuss news of the November class, induction dates and start dates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Finally :D

I'm on board for November too! I heard the first induction week is the second Saturday in November for people wondering about dates.

Hopefully we get our offers early enough in October and let's begin the dream!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

Good shout on this thread I suppose!! I'm in the 50s with the OOM so hopefully I'll finally be down:pac::pac: 200 is a big enough number alright so be seeing a good few of you down there! Keep up the training for two more months!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

VicMack wrote: »
    Finally :D

I'm on board for November too! I heard the first induction week is the second Saturday in November for people wondering about dates.

Hopefully we get our offers early enough in October and let's begin the dream!!

It won't feel real until the offers are out!

If there are two induction weeks, then do you think the class will start on the 29th of November?

beaker4133 wrote: »
    Good shout on this thread I suppose!! I'm in the 50s with the OOM so hopefully I'll finally be down:pac::pac: 200 is a big enough number alright so be seeing a good few of you down there! Keep up the training for two more months!

200 is going to be a huge class! I wonder if we will all know each other by name at the end of the nine months?

I have completely stopped training now. The second I get the offer ill start again. Im not really motivated at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

AudiKid wrote: »
    200 is going to be a huge class! I wonder if we will all know each other by name at the end of the nine months?

I have completely stopped training now. The second I get the offer ill start again. Im not really motivated at the minute.

Yea i was thinking the same. I wouldn't say we'd know everyone but sure we'll see what happens.

I'm gonna try and keep the training up...not really motivated either but I'm trying to keep November in mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

It won't feel real until the offers are out!

If there are two induction weeks, then do you think the class will start on the 29th of November?

I spoke with Garda HQ a couple of weeks back and they said November 28th!

Cathyp wrote: »
    I spoke with Garda HQ a couple of weeks back and they said November 28th!

If the class starts on the 28th, and with the two induction weeks, then offers should be out around the 17th of October?

That gives another 7ish weeks to get our vetting finished.

So at the moment this is how it stands for November from what I have seen and heard:

12th - Induction week 1

19th - Induction week 2

28th - We officially start!

So if there is 200 in the intake that means 2 groups of 100 which is probably around 3/4 classes per group as I heard classes are kept small!

So at the moment this is how it stands for November from what I have seen and heard:

12th - Induction week 1

19th - Induction week 2

28th - We officially start!

So if there is 200 in the intake that means 2 groups of 100 which is probably around 3/4 classes per group as I heard classes are kept small!

Yeah that's what I've been thinking.

The second I get my offer I can quit work. That will be a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

If we get our offer for the November class do we have to attend both induction weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

No mate, you just have to attend one week. which one depends on when you receive an offer.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking.

The second I get my offer I can quit work. That will be a great day!

Same here! Will hand in my notice in work and then take a few weeks to relax and get everything sorted for Templemore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

While nowhere near being accepted yet. I do remember the sargeant in the induction after the supervised test mention they were planning on bringing in bunks increasing the volume of trainees

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    No mate, you just have to attend one week. which one depends on when you receive an offer.

Super thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Lads and ladies, keep a level head here, we're not in just yet. Interviews, vetting as well as medicals and physicals for most of us have to be done too! Take it one stage at a time.

Apologies for this tone of message, but it's important to stay focused and not to assume we're all walking in at the Oct intake.

Obviously I wish the very best to you all, and hope to see you all there on the day :)

-Sir Buzzkill

JustCaff wrote: »
    Lads and ladies, keep a level head here, we're not in just yet. Interviews, vetting as well as medicals and physicals for most of us have to be done too! Take it one stage at a time.

Apologies for this tone of message, but it's important to stay focused and not to assume we're all walking in at the Oct intake.

Obviously I wish the very best to you all, and hope to see you all there on the day :)

-Sir Buzzkill

This thread is for people who have passed the medical and fitness, and are awaiting to be called up in October for the November intake.

We know that we're not in yet because most of use are waiting for our vetting to finish.

I don't know what your trying to say in your post, but try the stage 4 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

This thread is for people who have passed the medical and fitness, and are awaiting to be called up in October for the November intake.

We know that we're not in yet because most of use are waiting for our vetting to finish.

I don't know what your trying to say in your post, but try the stage 4 thread.

I wasn't aware you had gotten that far, saw a lot of framiler names on this from different stages throughout the competition so I assumed that it was the group waiting for vetting and medicals to be done.
    My bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I dont want to get ahead of myself either as the vetting is completely out of our hands at this stage but I've my fingers crossed for November.

And until we get that offer it's just a waiting game. I'll be saving up in the meantime and hoping for the best.

AM11 wrote: »
    I dont want to get ahead of myself either as the vetting is completely out of our hands at this stage but I've my fingers crossed for November.

And until we get that offer it's just a waiting game. I'll be saving up in the meantime and hoping for the best.

I've read through a lot of the old forums, and I've noticed that once you pass all the stages, you're then left in limbo until you get your offer.

It's more waiting, but we're used to it.

Waiting for the stage 2 results was hell!

I've read through a lot of the old forums, and I've noticed that once you pass all the stages, you're then left in limbo until you get your offer.

It's more waiting, but we're used to it.

Waiting for the stage 2 results was hell!

Waiting on stage 2 results was the most nerve wrecking part of the campaign. Let's be honest with job sim its 50/50 ANYONE could go down on the day by changing a few answers! I celebrated the most passing stage 2 as I knew the rest of stages could be passed with the right preparation and determination!

I think stage 2 was over a month waiting for results and stage 3 was only a week!

• Advertisement

Ye stage 2 was definitely the worst part. When I passed it I remember thinking I'm going to be a guard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Sorry guys to intrude, but will be doing my interview in September (2nd week). If successful how long is from the results to medical and then to physical?
    Is there a chance i may make Nov. is basically what im asking and does it all depend on how good i get my OOM to be at the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Sorry guys to intrude, but will be doing my interview in September (2nd week). If successful how long is from the results to medical and then to physical?
    Is there a chance i may make Nov. is basically what im asking and does it all depend on how good i get my OOM to be at the interview?

I done my interview in may, medical and physical in June. But other people done it faster and for other people took longer.
    I wouldn't say you would be in November. A lot ahead, but I don't know. I'm just some random hero with a boards account!

Congrats on getting to the interview mate, the time scale differs from person to person. For me, I was waiting 3wks for my medical after interview then 3wks again for my physical. In my opinion the OOM means nothing it all comes down to how quick your vetting is processed. I scored very well in my OOM yet I'm stilling waiting on an offer.

Just focus on giving each stage your best and hopefully you'll be ready for November. You never know

So are we all set for November now lads? At least it's more time to save and get ourselves organised. Hopefully offers will be early enough in October!

So are we all set for November now lads? At least it's more time to save and get ourselves organised. Hopefully offers will be early enough in October!

I don't think offers will be out for another 8 or 9 weeks.

So maybe mid October?

I'm going to ring appointments in a few weeks to check on my vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 claraghok1

Hi.. been reading theae threads for a while, first time writing!
    Had my physical this saturday where they told us that we would more than likely be starting in september
    But rang this morning and its full, so im guessing it will be november, its just the waiting thats a bummer but im presuming once your finished everything and your vetting is cleared your defo in you just wait to be called?

Yea I'm assuming I'll be in the November class myself. Missed out on September due to vetting. Yea once you're all cleared then it's just a waiting game to be called for induction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

It's good to see the intake numbers going up as many stations (my own included) are still losing numbers month by month.

Best of luck to everyone in the coming intakes. We're looking forward to working with ye..!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to getting stuck in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

Anyone know what the story is with accommodation once we enter templemore? Are we staying in the college? With a family? Or a house with a few other trainees? First post , long time creeper ! Hoping to see you all in November ðŸ˜

Chris14 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with accommodation once we enter templemore? Are we staying in the college? With a family? Or a house with a few other trainees? First post , long time creeper ! Hoping to see you all in November ðŸ˜

When we first start we will be staying in the college. Then when new intakes come in we will move out to stay outside the college and with families etc.

I heard of cases where trainees were moved to a house together also!

When we first start we will be staying in the college. Then when new intakes come in we will move out to stay outside the college and with families etc.

I heard of cases where trainees were moved to a house together also!

Idea of moving in with a family seems slightly awkward. On the other hand, sharing a house with other trainees seems like it'd be unreal! Messy, but good Craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andrew_2222

Just a quick question lads some of ye seem to have a fair idea of how long things seem to take I did my interview in mid August and found out I passed around 9 days later (I was told it would take 3 weeks to hear result) I got called for medical today it's on next Tuesday things seem to be moving quite fast, how long should it take for the PCT and is it possible that I could be starting in November? Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Just a quick question lads some of ye seem to have a fair idea of how long things seem to take I did my interview in mid August and found out I passed around 9 days later (I was told it would take 3 weeks to hear result) I got called for medical today it's on next Tuesday things seem to be moving quite fast, how long should it take for the PCT and is it possible that I could be starting in November? Thanks for the help

Hi, i was in batch of interviews before your group and alot of us are still waiting on PCT date, apparently some PCT had to be cancel due to problem with sports hall saturday so may be a delay but you may have ppl who have to defer PCT From these treads I've learned main thing is the vetting, that slows alot of ppl down family abroad etc. Then 2 ppl on this got a weeks notice to start college, it's so hard to say, best of luck

• Advertisement

http://www.thejournal.ie/garda-open-letter-2955790-Aug2016/

An interesting read for any of us who will be joining the force in a couple of months.

I called to check on my vetting yesterday and its not back yet either. I hope its back for the November intake. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting in theirs. We'll need a heap of patience for the job so I'll look at this as pretraining!

What's the number we ring?

Its the number they give you in your HRM emails.

I sent them an email a couple days ago but they haven't replied yet. This must be sick of me asking about my vetting haha

• Advertisement

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    I sent them an email a couple days ago but they haven't replied yet. This must be sick of me asking about my vetting haha

Have you accepted that's it's November now? :D

Have you accepted that's it's November now? :D

Oh absolutely mate! All the candles I've lit have finally burnt out so that's it. Ah sure look it was probably best anyway, more time to sort things out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

I was going to phone HRM on Friday and ask them a few questions about vetting, start dates etc.

Then I realised that there is not point even bothering. Nothing is going to happen throughout September, and October is when offers will be out.

Hopefully offers come out in 7/8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Euro100

The Plan is that Nov class will be starting on Monday 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Euro100 wrote: »
    The Plan is that Nov class will be starting on Monday 14th.

For induction week 1?

AudiKidd wrote: »
    For induction week 1?

I'm not sure to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

Can anyone who has been through the medical with similar situation give me some information. ?

I have a varicose vein on my left leg, will this be an outright fail ??

For induction week 1?

Yea I think so, the official start date for November is the 28th apparently.

For induction week 1?

I'm not sure to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tri83

I'm not 100% sure, but I think for the medical they are a bit lenient, also wit eye sight I think they give u a few weeks to get it sorted so I'm sure they would have to wit varicose veins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement