Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shoj123

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I'd say give HR a ring Monday and ask them

Probably the best thing to do. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Congrats to the lucky few that got offers! Well done to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Congrats to the lucky few that got offers! Well done to you :)

We need to get #pray for gnr_iver trending on the social media, might speed things up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Izzyruby89

JustCaff wrote:
    We need to get #pray for gnr_iver trending on the social media, might speed things up

Iv been checking boards all day today to see if gnr_iver got an offer. So sorry man. I'll light another candle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jimmyjameson92

Got my invite as well but a couple friends didn't get one tho but I wouldn't lose hope yet folks! #PrayForGnr_Iver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

*There's always a chance if a few people defer or refuse their place that some of us who are waiting will get the call up. And the next intake will be early next year (I presume, don't quote me) so anyone waiting on vetting or their OOM is too high; don't get too disheartened! It's a chance to save and spend more time with the fam over Christmas too. You'll have a whole lifetime with the badge and the funny looking hat. #prayforGnr_Iver
    *This is also an extract from the pep talk I gave myself when I didn't get an offer yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

Anyone know what the story is with bringing personal items such as tvs and playstations etc up with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Chris14 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with bringing personal items such as tvs and playstations etc up with you?

Yea, don't bring them to the college. You'll be busy enough. You won't need them. You're not supposed to have them either.

You'll be moved out after a few months to digs anyway so i wouldn't bother.

Get a printer. That's what I'd bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Izzyruby89 wrote: »
    JustCaff wrote:
    We need to get #pray for gnr_iver trending on the social media, might speed things up

Iv been checking boards all day today to see if gnr_iver got an offer. So sorry man. I'll light another candle!

I did the very same thing when i heard offers out!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

Passed fitness today thank god. Well done to everyone who did. I presume offers are still outstanding, can anyone confirm? :mad:

• Advertisement

Does anyone know do you receive a student card while at the garda college? Thinking about trains etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sworksvenge

Delighted to say I'm officially part of the November class !! :) congrats to everyone!! Just wondering has anybody got in that done there fitness test on Thursday?

Does anyone know do you receive a student card while at the garda college? Thinking about trains etc

You get an ID card with your name on it and your phase number in big white numbers. Its credit card sized.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerbie_0408

Hoping someone can answer this here! For those starting in Nov does anyone have any idea if we get time off for Christmas? Thanks in advance :)

Hoping someone can answer this here! For those starting in Nov does anyone have any idea if we get time off for Christmas? Thanks in advance

I know in previous years they only got 24th, 25th nd 26th off and then the 1st and 2nd off. But. Not sure if it will b same this year as Xmas day is on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerbie_0408

I know in previous years they only got 24th, 25th nd 26th off and then the 1st and 2nd off. But. Not sure if it will b same this year as Xmas day is on a Sunday.

Here's me thinking il be off all Xmas ! Ahwel thanks for that :)

Here's me thinking il be off all Xmas ! Ahwel thanks for that :)

Was thinking fhe same!

Should we expect the welcome/induction pack today?

The students were off all over Christmas last year, 2015. In 2014 they were brought back for a few days in between Christmas and New Year.
    Probably get off for the whole Holiday I'd say this year.

Turbo T wrote:
    The students were off all over Christmas last year, 2015. In 2014 they were brought back for a few days in between Christmas and New Year. Probably get off for the whole Holiday I'd say this year.

I hope it's same this year. I know the 27th this year is bank holiday so least we have that off as well :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

The college sells discounted train tickets, they used to be very cheap!

Check your emails lads and ladies ðŸ˜!!

Boscorelli wrote: »

?

?

Received an offer for November intake this morning!

Why, what's going on ??

Received an offer for November intake this morning!

Congrats, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clockwork26

Does anyone know do they check your references when your vetting is complete or is it at any time?

Does anyone know do they check your references when your vetting is complete or is it at any time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

Accepted my place in nov class this morning, anyone know how long it takes for info pack to be posted out? Should i expect it in next few days or will it be nearer start date?

It was my lical seargent that contacted them, he rang them the day i met with him,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jerrycurlz

They ring them at anytime. They contacted my references a few weeks back and ive met the super and completed the fitness. I rang HR this morning.They are waiting for my vetting to come back before i can be offered a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 craichoor

Such a good question, he asked it three times.

According to the Inspector I had, he told me that they tend not to use your current employer as a reference, and references are checked concurrently. For example, it was the Sergeant that requested my Academic reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Garda89

Got email this morning induction week the 21st Noveember... Only did my fitness test saturday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Did my fitness Saturday & got my email as well this morning, November class here we come!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 JJ500

daisy321 wrote: »
    Did my fitness Saturday & got my email as well this morning, November class here we come!! :)
    Done my fitness Saturday and also got a shout for November. Can't believe it!

you guys are very lucky :) some of us have been waiting for +3 months for an offer.

Congrats !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JJ500

daisy321 wrote: »

Cant wait for the 5 hour journey from donegal every weekend......nottttt ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

Doyle06 wrote: »

Im in the same boat .. such a long trip.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

JJ500 wrote: »
    Hey you guys that just done fitness sat and staring templemore in November, what month did you guys do your interviews ?
    Well done and best of luck in November so excited for you guys! I just passed my interview last week ... ahh roll on fitness and medical

Hey you guys that just done fitness sat and staring templemore in November, what month did you guys do your interviews ?
    Well done and best of luck in November so excited for you guys! I just passed my interview last week ... ahh roll on fitness and medical

Did mine in may. Vetting took a long while, time varies from person to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

Did mine in may. Vetting took a long while, time varies from person to person.

Wow so could be anything up to 6 months wait. Best way to look at it is more time working and saving before the biG pay chop on college life in templemore and bottom of the garda pay scale ! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Garda89

I did my interview in August, medical in september and fitness in October. Quick three months really compared to some of the poor folk who have to wait for their vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OMG!!!

Did anyone here have a long wait from fitness to offer.I passed fitness in august but still no vetting back....for no obvious reason :(

Does anyone know do you pay for meals while down there? I assume you do...

Does anyone know do you pay for meals while down there? I assume you do...

No, you don't pay for your food in the college canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Why is everybody on this thread so totally obsessed with becoming a member.

I've read down through a few different threads and the feeling is the same. Total obsession!! You wouldn't see this in any other profession.

Before anybody says anything I know this is off topic and I'm not trolling. I would just like one of you to help me understand the thought process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Alfa1949

its a dedicated thread, in support of one another, perhaps you have the same for your own profession....

• Advertisement
Advertisement