Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

So is the meeting with sergeant casual ie.jeans and jacket and with the superintendent formal ie.suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AMBALLY

So is the meeting with sergeant casual ie.jeans and jacket and with the superintendent formal ie.suit?

I wouldn't have said either were formal to be honest. I met both sergeant and super in jeans. When I was told about the meeting with the super, the secretary on the phone said it was casual so maybe stations are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

In the induction pack can someone please outline exactly what it says about pimped out cars, what is considered pimped out according to Garda college ?

Don't worry people I'm a car enthusiast I don't have anything pimped out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luvsthespuds

D Trent wrote: »
    In the induction pack can someone please outline exactly what it says about pimped out cars, what is considered pimped out according to Garda college ?

Don't worry people I'm a car enthusiast I don't have anything pimped out

I think pimped out was a bit too descriptive! They do say that as a rule of thumb you should follow NCT standards i.e. standard number plates, window tinting, modified exhaust etc....

At the end of the day if you are enforcing these rules it probably wouldn't do to roll up to the gates of the college with an oul corsa with an exhaust bigger than it!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

infacteh wrote: »
    Working in any job that requires a licence which can be objected to by AGS is a prohibited spare time activity for members of AGS, eg bookies, pubs etc

I understand that would be the case once you are attested but I imagine when in college with no powers you would be free to work until being attested

Hi, i asked Sergeant when i had meeting if allowed to work while in college? He said "Yes, once not security, bouncer, in a pub. Once you start college you are on probation for 2 years don't want to be somewhere you are a witness of fight etc brought into a case"...His words! Hopefully we can!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

For the list of relatives up to first cousin is everyone just writing it on blank page? Their is no template for this is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Garda89

That's what I was wondering Doyle06. I noticed it did not mention anything about beards or stubble. I know beards are not allowed but surely short stubble is ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

I didn't have anything about relatives in my induction pack? Also noticed I only had every second page like 3,5,7,9? Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Izzyruby89

Doyle06 wrote:
    For the list of relatives up to first cousin is everyone just writing it on blank page? Their is no template for this is there?

I typed it out. I put in aunts and uncles in law too. Not sure if you have to but did jus in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Garda89 wrote: »
    That's what I was wondering Doyle06. I noticed it did not mention anything about beards or stubble. I know beards are not allowed but surely short stubble is ok?

Stubble is not allowed. We must be freshly shaved at all times while in the college and while on duty. Stock up on razor blades and shaving gel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Baz1204

Hey I'm still waiting for my vetting to be completed but I've passed my physical and everything. I doubt I'll make November cut off but does anyone know when the next intake is?January or February? Specific dates would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Hi just wondering does anyone know how long we will be kept in the 14th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Hey guys, quick question.

I'm just going through my induction pack for the second induction week 21st - 24th November, but underneath it says to attend for registration on 14th November. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Chris14 wrote: »
    I didn't have anything about relatives in my induction pack? Also noticed I only had every second page like 3,5,7,9? Is this normal?

Mines the same, so they're probably all like that I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Garda89 wrote: »

Be clean shaven everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

kellz1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we are allowed to take a day off at all? Have a family wedding coming up on a Friday?

apply in writing when you start for day off

daisy321 wrote:
    Mines the same, so they're probably all like that I'd say?

In my induction pack it gives you list of what you need to bring like CV, Birth certificate etc. And on that page it says you have bring list of relation's. I have all pages too.

r_k.com wrote:
    Hi just wondering does anyone know how long we will be kept in the 14th of November.

We're in college from 14th from 9am till Thursday 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Izzyruby89 wrote: »
    We're in college from 14th from 9am till Thursday 5pm.

But the start date I got was for the 21st so I wonder is that a mistake?

• Advertisement

r_k.com wrote:
    But the start date I got was for the 21st so I wonder is that a mistake?

I would ring or email HRM to see. Seems a bit much to ask you jus to come down to register on 14th cause think that's jus an hour.

I would ring or email HRM to see. Seems a bit much to ask you jus to come down to register on 14th cause think that's jus an hour.

For 21st starters induction is the 21st, that is a mistake, it was a copy and paste job haha

I would hope that the people going down for the inducton on the 21st can register that day and those of us thats going down for induction week on the 28th can register that day aswell

Theirs and induction week the 14th and one on the 21st, then both classes are ofically starting on the 28th, thats my understanding anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gcc

has everyone week starting 21st got their pack?
    no sign of mine yet so worried....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 George993

I got mine before the weekend. There's still plenty of time before induction but might be no harm to give HR a call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Gcc

think it got delivered today to my neighbour as i wasnt home, is it a brown envelope?

Hi guys, just wondering is the 2nd induction week full or is there still offers being sent out??thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 George993

Gcc wrote: »
    think it got delivered today to my neighbour as i wasnt home, is it a brown envelope?

Yeah it's a big brown envelope with a plastic folder inside.

Rang up HR today they said that if your induction week is the 21st you register that day too because my information said that I had to register the 14th which would have been inconvenient to go down for just one hour

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

Does anyone know what we wear on the 21st ?

• Advertisement

Hatch92 wrote:
    Does anyone know what we wear on the 21st ?

Suits. Have to wear suits till we get our uniforms.

Suits. Have to wear suits till we get our uniforms.

How many suits do you plan on bringing ?

Chris14 wrote:
    How many suits do you plan on bringing ?

Up to you really. We are going b wearing them 5 days a week so I got two.

Up to you really. We are going b wearing them 5 days a week so I got two.

What colour if you don't mind me asking ? 😅

Chris14 wrote:
    What colour if you don't mind me asking ? 😅

I jus got black. I got them in Penny's so nice and cheap. They'll do for couple weeks. ;-:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JJ500

The time is dragging.. wish we were starting next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Soon time to open the February thread!!

What's the story with the garda pay strikes, if they get want they want does that mean that it will ripple down to trainees getting more when in templemore and start off with more??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

I have braces meaning i need an appointment every 8 weeks .. anybody know if this is possible with being in the college ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Gem1994 wrote: »
    I have braces meaning i need an appointment every 8 weeks .. anybody know if this is possible with being in the college ?

Of course it is. Either change your appointments to evenings/weekends or really early in the morning to minimise time lost from classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

Xios wrote: »
    Of course it is. Either change your appointments to evenings/weekends or really early in the morning to minimise time lost from classes.

Thats the thing they arnt open weekends or too early or late ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Gem1994 wrote: »
    Thats the thing they arnt open weekends or too early or late ..

You'll figure it out. It's a normal college, just much more strict on attendance, a medical appointment is a legit reason to miss class, even more so than a GAA match or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

VW73 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering is the 2nd induction week full or is there still offers being sent out??thanks

I emailed them today and they said November intake is all full

LandT wrote: »

I emailed them today and they said November intake is all full

Thank you so much so replying, i have being wondering since. Physicals are on this Saturday was wondering would there be offers out! wishful thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Buzzer95o

Hey guys. Starting induction week on Monday and just wondering about what to wear. I know it's been answered before but is it black or navy pants and a white shirt? Do you need a blazer and what about shoes. Thanks in advance

Thank you so much so replying, i have being wondering since. Physicals are on this Saturday was wondering would there be offers out! wishful thinking!

I know I thought there would be late offers too! February it is then. Have u done physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clarky09

Sorry to butt in... I'm waiting on a fitness repeat. It will have been 3 months around middle or December. Has anyone heard of a class going in Feb 2017? Or am I being a bit optimistic in hoping for then? Cheers

clarky09 wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in... I'm waiting on a fitness repeat. It will have been 3 months around middle or December. Has anyone heard of a class going in Feb 2017? Or am I being a bit optimistic in hoping for then? Cheers

God that's ages to be waiting maybe mail appointments and remind them. No intakes confirmed for 2017 i was told but hopefully February

LandT wrote: »

I know I thought there would be late offers too! February it is then. Have u done physical?

No, have my physical is this Saturday, had to defer first date i got. everything else done

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

For those of us starting in the next couple of weeks, does anyone know when we have to do the fitness test again? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

kellz1 wrote:
    For those of us starting in the next couple of weeks, does anyone know when we have to do the fitness test again? Thanks in advance.

I heard it can vary. Could be week 1 or 2, or could be week 4 or 5. Im actually nervous about it cause have been sick and haven't been able to train.

Advertisement