Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

Thanks for the repLy, so definitely not induction week then? I'm in the same boat as yourself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Izzyruby89

kellz1 wrote:
    Thanks for the repLy, so definitely not induction week then? I'm in the same boat as yourself too.

No u only do first aid, water safety and stuff on induction week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clarky09

I had to defer the first date I got for my repeat so I'm availing of the three months by choice. I reckon it will be right before Christmas if they stick to 3 months solid... or is there a chance they'll call me sooner has anyone deferred & when roughly were you called to repeat from time of initial fitness test? HRM said nothing has been announced for 2017 yet but I presume Feb will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Freshh321

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone if coming back the Thursday 24th for induction week, around Midlands area that I could get a lift with?
    I'm sure they will be a few people wanting to share travel, as it might be handier! I'm sure people will be glad of the petrol money ! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

Are many people bringing family down on the first day for induction? Also if you've never had a hep b shot, will you be required to get one?

• Advertisement

Chris14 wrote:
    Are many people bringing family down on the first day for induction? Also if you've never had a hep b shot, will you be required to get one?

My family are coming. I think they give it to you there if u haven't got one.

Izzyruby89 wrote: »
    My family are coming. I think they give it to you there if u haven't got one.

Cheers... Do you know what the story is with the white runners? Ive loads of white ones but they wouldnt be running shoes, the running shoes I have at the moment are blue... Hard to get a white pair of running shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

Is there anyone else going on their own without family ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luvsthespuds

Gem1994 wrote: »
    Is there anyone else going on their own without family ? :P

I'm not on until the 21st but will deffo be going alone, I couldn't be dealing with me ma getting weepy :-). Glad to know I'm not the only one, best of luck on Monday.

Madgek85 wrote:
    Hi, creeping here abit but I seen ya said to a couple of ppl on here that you have the official bleep test they use, could you send it to me too, I've done first part and failed on bleep test and just need to up my game abit. Really appreciate if you can pass on the info.

Chris14 wrote:
    Cheers... Do you know what the story is with the white runners? Ive loads of white ones but they wouldnt be running shoes, the running shoes I have at the moment are blue... Hard to get a white pair of running shoes!

Iv heard on this that there are not strict on the runners. I didn get white runners my are black :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

I'm not on until the 21st but will deffo be going alone, I couldn't be dealing with me ma getting weepy :-). Glad to know I'm not the only one, best of luck on Monday.

Im on the 21st aswell not this monday :P its to far of a journey for family to go and only stay an hour ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luvsthespuds

Gem1994 wrote: »
    Im on the 21st aswell not this monday :P its to far of a journey for family to go and only stay an hour ..

Ah brilliant, see ya then :-), I live about two hours away so I'm kinda in the same boat. Gonna bring the family up for the passing out ceremony though:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Madgek85

Hi
    To the two girls I met in templemore today at the hotel, hope ye did well in yer physicals, thinking about ye and hopefully see ye down there again soon 😊😊
    A

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Madgek85 wrote: »
    Hi
    To the two girls I met in templemore today at the hotel, hope ye did well in yer physicals, thinking about ye and hopefully see ye down there again soon
    A

Thank you for your message, We both passed, trilled, exactly hopefully be passing paths soon again

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

VW73 wrote: »
    Thank you for your message, We both passed, trilled, exactly hopefully be passing paths soon again

What roughly is ur oom?

Congrats on passing, February is a calling...

VW73 wrote: »

Aw that's great news delighted ! hopefullly see ye down there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

Well done ladies. I'm loving the women vibes were going to take over lol. I hope I'm in templemore Feb also.. still waiting on any movement passed my interview in october. Here's to hope ! Well done girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pt2016

Hey guys, just wondering does any know have info about the parking situation for tomorrow? Is it the golf club? Thanks

Well done ladies. I'm loving the women vibes were going to take over lol. I hope I'm in templemore Feb also.. still waiting on any movement passed my interview in october. Here's to hope ! Well done girls.

Fingers crossed for you, keep training for it cos it's not easy!! Best of luck with it

Pt2016 wrote:
    Hey guys, just wondering does any know have info about the parking situation for tomorrow? Is it the golf club? Thanks

I'm actually wondering bout this too. I heard that you can drive up to college with all your stuff then bring your car to golf club. Be alot drag from golf club to college.

• Advertisement

I'm actually wondering bout this too. I heard that you can drive up to college with all your stuff then bring your car to golf club. Be alot drag from golf club to college.

Cheers for the reply, I think I'll park in the golf club in the morning and take it from there so. Later in the day, drive up and drop off my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

Where is the golf club can someone please tell me lol?

kellz1 wrote: »
    Where is the golf club can someone please tell me lol?

It's the big car park beside the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerbie_0408

I think it's a case of parking in the golf club in the am . I don't fancy lugging my case upto the college in the am so probably get it later on in the day! See you all tomorrow :)

Best of luck to everyone starting in the November intake

Do you know if everyone is required to come down for registration from 9-10 and not just the first induction week?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Garda89

No Chris you register the first day of your induction week

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Valuevan13

So how did today go? Any hints or tips for us starting next Monday??? Would be great to get some feedback from ye cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

Just got my medical date for 7th of december. Does anyone know if the fitness test will be after. Also on the weight do they fail you straight out. I was 104 but now 98kg but would pass the fitness atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

Can anyone that started induction week this week tell what happens on the day just want to know for next week ??

Had a look and didnt see anything posted, but does anyone know if we can avail of student discounts for the train while we are in templemore? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gcc

anyone know if we can stay the sunday night before induction week?

Gcc wrote: »
    anyone know if we can stay the sunday night before induction week?

Probably not because you haven't registered yet, and you haven't been allocated your room.

Does anyone know how long we wait until we get our uniforms, and is it an actual full suit we wear until then???

• Advertisement

Valuevan13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long we wait until we get our uniforms, and is it an actual full suit we wear until then???

Think I've seen its about 3 weeks? Not sure. And yea it's a full suit

Chris14 wrote: »
    Think I've seen its about 3 weeks? Not sure. And yea it's a full suit

Does that include tie? Jus wondering how many shirts il b needing!

Valuevan13 wrote: »
    Does that include tie? Jus wondering how many shirts il b needing!

I'll have a tie for sure! And think I'll have ato least 5 shirts 😊

Anxious to hear how everyone is getting on for this weeks induction week. Looking forward to getting down their Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

Garda89 wrote: »
    Anxious to hear how everyone is getting on for this weeks induction week. Looking forward to getting down their Monday.

Hey I'm down Monday too, what forms/ paperwork do we need to bring ? Also what have you bought that's required ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

Hatch92 wrote: »
    Hey I'm down Monday too, what forms/ paperwork do we need to bring ? Also what have you bought that's required ?

Did you not get an induction pack?

The letter inviting you to the induction week, a CV, P45, Birth cert, education awards, a list of your relatives and pps number. I've bought navy shorts and clothes brush and shoe polish and stuff like that

Hey guys.
    This is last post I'll be posting to boards.
    To everyone who's waiting to get in I wish you the best of luck.
    For everyone starting on Monday don't worry it's all relaxed and you will be fine. You don't need your documents till the 28th. You'll be doing first aid and that's pretty much it.
    Again best luck to everyone.

Hey guys.
    For everyone starting on Monday don't worry it's all relaxed and you will be fine. You don't need your documents till the 28th. You'll be doing first aid and that's pretty much it.

Best of luck With College

Hey guys.

And the best of luck to u Izzyruby89
    In relation to the induction week, Wat will we need realistically, for example will we need our laptops etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Horza

To those you have gone through the pct ,does anyone have a link for the actual shuttle test used for the PCT?Does it just correspond to what is described here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

I have been using the blue running man bleep test app but I'm not sure if this is the right one or not,if someone has any info that would be great.I couldn't make the open day so not too sure either of the form for the sit ups and press up.

Horza wrote: »
    To those you have gone through the pct ,does anyone have a link for the actual shuttle test used for the PCT?

There is an app, it's has a green running man on the front, army uses it, they recommend it down in college, it's a bit harder then what is done but it gets ur fitness up well past the standard needed.
    Sit ups are a person stands on your feet, two fingers touching side of temples and elbows have to touch out side of knees, shoulder blades touches the floor. Push ups differ for men and women but are handy enough. Hope that helps

To those you have gone through the pct ,does anyone have a link for the actual shuttle test used for the PCT?

There is an app, it's has a green running man on the front, army uses it, they recommend it down in college, it's a bit harder then what is done but it gets ur fitness up well past the standard needed.
    Sit ups are a person stands on your feet, two fingers touching side of temples and elbows have to touch out side of knees, shoulder blades touches the floor. Push ups differ for men and women but are handy enough. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info

Is the beep test the same as is described in the wikipedia link

Do we need a laptop next week for induction week or is it okay until the week after??

• Advertisement
Advertisement