Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rhyino89

Does anyone know how long UK checks take? I have passed everything and am just waiting for them to come back. I am hoping to get in November intake as I have already been waiting over a month for these checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Catherines58

Hi guys. Has anybody got some tips or advice for me for my interview that's on Tuesday? 🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Rhyino89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long UK checks take? I have passed everything and am just waiting for them to come back. I am hoping to get in November intake as I have already been waiting over a month for these checks.

Apparently there is big delays regarding vetting forms coming back from the uk. I missed out on sept intake due to outstanding vetting. Hoping for November myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fear ban

I done my interview 6 weeks and was placed with a really good oom.just wondering did it take anyone else this long for medical or fitness.i have heard nothing since and getting worried

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Well folks! Any idea when the next intake will be after November? Last year the 164's followed the Novemeber class just 6 weeks later. Was wondering would it be the same this year or will I be looking towards the start of 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Fear ban wrote: »
    I done my interview 6 weeks and was placed with a really good oom.just wondering did it take anyone else this long for medical or fitness.i have heard nothing since and getting worried

Yeah I did my interview five weeks ago and just heard from my local Sargent last week, Met with her Thursday and she said I will hear from super intendant this week. I still haven't gotten an email about medical or physical tho and I placed in the top 5 oom in the Irish stream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Rhyino89 wrote: »

Loads of us having been waiting for the UK vetting to come back.

It's been twelve weeks since they started my vetting so hopefully it will be back in time for November.

I wonder how an English speaking country that's only 30 minutes away on a plane can be so slow, and other countries that speak a foreign language are back quicker.

Hi guys. Has anybody got some tips or advice for me for my interview that's on Tuesday? 🙈

Try the interview thread. Stage 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

I rang HR to see if they had an update on my vetting. Said they were waiting on info back from crime and security, didn't say anything about the UK. I submitted all the required info at the end of April at the interview stage.

• Advertisement

Vamp369 wrote: »
    I rang HR to see if they had an update on my vetting. Said they were waiting on info back from crime and security, didn't say anything about the UK. I submitted all the required info at the end of April at the interview stage.

Did you live over there? Or is it some of your family?

I'm in the same position, but I'm hopeful it'll be back over the next few weeks.

AudiKidd wrote: »
    Did you live over there? Or is it some of your family?

I'm in the same position, but I'm hopeful it'll be back over the next few weeks.

Three on my partners side live in the UK. I ranfg a month ago and the person on the phone specifically said a hold up with information coming back from the UK. This time it was a different reason, thought it odd.

It's a killer waiting! Hoping for November.

Three on my partners side live in the UK. I ranfg a month ago and the person on the phone specifically said a hold up with information coming back from the UK. This time it was a different reason, thought it odd.

It's a killer waiting! Hoping for November.

Phone them up and tell them that you split up, and that they don't need to wait for the vetting anymore hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Is Novemebr class full ?

I have my interview next Monday and wondering do I have a squeak in making the November class ?

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Is Novemebr class full ?

I have my interview next Monday and wondering do I have a squeak in making the November class ?

I would say with vetting issues, failures, and deferrals, that November is fair game for everyone.

If you can pass everything, get a high OOM, and get lucky with your vetting then you have a good chance.

I've passed everything, and if my vetting isn't back then I won't be in it. If you have family members living abroad, then it's probably early 2017 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eve978

VicMack wrote: »
    Finally :D

I'm on board for November too! I heard the first induction week is the second Saturday in November for people wondering about dates.

Hopefully we get our offers early enough in October and let's begin the dream!!

Hi! Just wondering how you know you are on board for November?? I passed all to date except had to have laser surgery. OOM was under 50 so praying to be in for November. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Eve978 wrote: »
    Hi! Just wondering how you know you are on board for November?? I passed all to date except had to have laser surgery. OOM was under 50 so praying to be in for November. Thanks

Hi Eve,

how long do you get to get laser eye surgery done? 6 months?

I know i ll probably need it also

thanks

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi Eve,

how long do you get to get laser eye surgery done? 6 months?

I know i ll probably need it also

thanks

Hi!

Yes he deferred me for 6 months to get laser done. The minimum requirement is 6/18. I went to my optician and he told me I was very close to it so I chanced it for the medical but failed their eye-test. I'm really disappointed because I'd say I would have been in in September otherwise.

My advice would be go to your optician and ask if you are above 6/18. If not, go for laser. No point delaying it for yourself. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

How is everyone getting on? Any updates on vetting or anyone speak to HR? (Apart from Gnr_Iver!!) :D

Two more months left now!

How is everyone getting on? Any updates on vetting or anyone speak to HR? (Apart from Gnr_Iver!!) :D

Still waiting on vetting myself. Was told during the week they are waiting in the Crime and Security branch to return info.

Haha Oh is that how it is now :) ahno they haven't replied to my last two emails so I'll wait until October and I'll give them a ring

• Advertisement

I phoned HR yesterday and asked if vetting was back or delayed and was told that they didn't give out this type of information but if I have family in UK it's unlikely to be back yet..... How come some people can get so much information when they phone up??

Eve978 wrote: »
    I phoned HR yesterday and asked if vetting was back or delayed and was told that they didn't give out this type of information but if I have family in UK it's unlikely to be back yet..... How come some people can get so much information when they phone up??

Some of the staff in HR are very helpful and tell you exactly what they are waiting on.

The other people up there tell you nothing.

I think there are five more weeks, starting next week until we get offers.

The vetting should be back over the next 5 weeks!

They have my form b 13 weeks now, so hopefully they'll be finished soon and I'll make it for November.

So had a call this morning. I have to go meet with my local Superintendent at the end of the week.

So far I've met the local Sargeant, then I met the local Inspector, now I've to go to the Superintendent. I thought you only meet with two rather than three?

So had a call this morning. I have to go meet with my local Superintendent at the end of the week.

So far I've met the local Sargeant, then I met the local Inspector, now I've to go to the Superintendent. I thought you only meet with two rather than three?

I only met two of them, but since your a vampire there must be different rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Have people who have done their medical met with their local sergant yet? I did my medical last Monday and haven't heard anything just asking because I have seen people posting they have had their meeting before they even did their medical

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Have people who have done their medical met with their local sergant yet? I did my medical last Monday and haven't heard anything just asking because I have seen people posting they have had their meeting before they even did their medical

I did my medical last Thursday and met my local sergeant & super the day after on Friday. I'd say they will be in touch with you soon, think they vet you and your family before they bring you up and phone your references as well. At least mine did anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shoj123

Anyone know what to expect from meeting with your local Sergrant and super intendent meeting them both Thursday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Had my medical 2 weeks ago, and have not yet heard from my local station, anybody any idea on the waiting time?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Had my medical 2 weeks ago, and have not yet heard from my local station, anybody any idea on the waiting time?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Guys it varies for each person.

Some will meet their Sergeant and Super before they do their medical/physical and some could meet them both weeks or even months after! It depends on things like the area you live in whether it's busy or not, the availability of the Sergeant/Super and also if the right paper work has been sent. If you haven't heard yet don't worry I did my interview in June and only met my Super a few weeks ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bear22

Realistically how high on the OOM will they call for the November intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rhyino89

I met my local Garda in the evening after I had done my medical that same day which was on the 21st July. I met the sergeant then the following day. I did not have to meet anyone else after that.

I had my physical on the 3 Aug and passed it all, just have to wait for my vetting to come back from the UK now. Hoping it comes back in time for the November intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Please help... What are the phases of the training program???

Please help... What are the phases of the training program???

All info on training can be found on www.garda.ie
    Go to careers then go to Garda college then foundation training on the right hand side.

Hope that helps

Bear22 wrote: »
    Realistically how high on the OOM will they call for the November intake?

Well once you've everything done then you have a good chance.

OOM doesn't really come into it anymore because vetting slows down a lot of people.

Had the interview with the Super there. It was very indepth. He had a couple of pages with questions on it. He would ask me the questions and then write my reply under the questions. I found it more difficult in certain regards compared with the Public Appointments interview. Did anyone else have the same style of interview? Heres to the call for November.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 craichoor

Had the interview with the Super there. It was very indepth. He had a couple of pages with questions on it. He would ask me the questions and then write my reply under the questions. I found it more difficult in certain regards compared with the Public Appointments interview. Did anyone else have the same style of interview? Heres to the call for November.

Which Division / District was this?

craichoor wrote: »
    Which Division / District was this?

In DMR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andrew_2222

I had my interview on the 12th of August and got the results less than 2 weeks later, did my medical on the 6th of sept, I met my local sgt and super last week, everything moving fast enough. I was in templemore for the open day last Saturday but I still haven't received a date for my physical yet. What are the chances of being in the November class my OOM after the interview was in the early 600's anyone else in the same boat? Or can anyone shed any light on this?

• Advertisement

Vetting is still outstanding for me. Anyone else still in the same boat?

I had my interview on the 12th of August and got the results less than 2 weeks later, did my medical on the 6th of sept, I met my local sgt and super last week, everything moving fast enough. I was in templemore for the open day last Saturday but I still haven't received a date for my physical yet. What are the chances of being in the November class my OOM after the interview was in the early 600's anyone else in the same boat? Or can anyone shed any light on this?

You're very similar to me my interview was the day before yours and the same with the medical. I have a date for my physical but still waitin to hear from my sergeant and superintendent! I'm hoping for November as well I was in the 500's but don't think it means a lot when you get to this stage due to vetting etc.

Gnr_Iver wrote: »

I phoned up and mine is back and clear.

Yours should be back soon.

What was the number you rang?

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    What was the number you rang?

(01) 666 2571

The lady I spoke to was very helpful and informative.

Offers should be out in a month, and my money is on the 17th of October, which would mean we get four weeks notice before the first induction week.

Gnr_Iver wrote: »

When you met with the Super, did he/she fill out your answers onto a form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

They told you it was all clear, did they say anything about getting an offer in October? Like are you getting a place and definitely going? Or just have to wait and see?

(01) 666 2571

The lady I spoke to was very helpful and informative.

Offers should be out in a month, and my money is on the 17th of October, which would mean we get four weeks notice before the first induction week.
    Thanks my PCT isn't until the 12th of October I doubt I'll be in the November intake

Meant to ask also when your vetting is done do they contact you in anyway about it?

They told you it was all clear, did they say anything about getting an offer in October? Like are you getting a place and definitely going? Or just have to wait and see?

They said that if my number is reached I will be called.

I'm in the 230's so I'm a certainty.

Ah fair play mate. Jaysus I'm having no luck at all with my vetting clearing. I'm definitely ringing them up in a couple of weeks to find out what's going on.

They've probably forgotten about me even though I was placed in the 15-20 OOM bracket

• Advertisement
Advertisement