Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Ah fair play mate. Jaysus I'm having no luck at all with my vetting clearing. I'm definitely ringing them up in a couple of weeks to find out what's going on.

They've probably forgotten about me even though I was placed in the 15-20 OOM bracket

Thanks. My vetting took fourteen weeks, which is still kinda quick.

They definitely won't forget about you anyway.

Maybe phone them at the start of October and hopefully you'll get good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

AudiKidd wrote: »
    Thanks. My vetting took fourteen weeks, which is still kinda quick.

They definitely won't forget about you anyway.

Maybe phone them at the start of October and hopefully you'll get good news.

Yea it's Deffo longer than 14 weeks for me at this stage. Yea I'll be ringing them up at the start of the month and asking for some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Same for me, Gnr_Iver... rang this morning and vetting isn't complete yet. The lady on the phone said there are two parts to it, and that both are still outstanding.

My hopes for November are slipping, to be honest! Kinda makes me question why they use OOM at all!

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Same for me, Gnr_Iver... rang this morning and vetting isn't complete yet. The lady on the phone said there are two parts to it, and that both are still outstanding.

My hopes for November are slipping, to be honest! Kinda makes me question why they use OOM at all!

Yea that's true. No point trying your best to score well when you run the risk of missing out due to vetting. Keep the fingers crossed lad, hopefully you'll have better luck than I've had to date. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scruffy_poc

Hey,

Does anybody have any idea on the protocol for social media once we join the gardai......are we required to change our social media names?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Hey,

Does anybody have any idea on the protocol for social media once we join the gardai......are we required to change our social media names?
    You don't have to change your name, however most gardai do as your name is given when in court and when you arrest someone. You cannot post anything about the job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rhyino89

I rang up about my vetting last Monday (19th Sept) and luckily enough it had just come back. Mine took a long time to come back as I had to have vetting done in the UK as well. The lady I was speaking too said that its depends on your OMM whether you will be in the November intake once your vetting comes back and if you are successful in getting in the November intake you will be notified about a month in advance. I was in the 200's on the OMM so I'm hoping I will be starting in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Whats the HR email?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Whats the HR email?

appointments@garda.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

Passed the physical on Saturday, rang HR to see if there's anything back from my vetting and was told that I need to wait for an offer to know if my vetting has been completed or not

• Advertisement

danjob1987 wrote: »
    Passed the physical on Saturday, rang HR to see if there's anything back from my vetting and was told that I need to wait for an offer to know if my vetting has been completed or not

Leaving you in limbo there mate ha. The waiting around is terrible for the nerves :)

Leaving you in limbo there mate ha. The waiting around is terrible for the nerves :)

I think the worst thing is waiting around and seeing everyone else get offers like for the September class.

We still have three weeks of waiting until they're out.

I think the worst thing is waiting around and seeing everyone else get offers like for the September class.

We still have three weeks of waiting until they're out.

Yea that's true mate. You were in the same boat as me weren't you? Outstanding vetting like.. it's horrible feeling being left out ha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

What OOM can we expect to be reached in the November intake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sworksvenge

Just wondering what the story is with the vetting? When I met with the sergeant she told me that the background check was all done and nothing came up, does that mean the vetting is done or do they do that at headquarters?

Yea that's true mate. You were in the same boat as me weren't you? Outstanding vetting like.. it's horrible feeling being left out ha..

No my vetting is back and clear. I'm just sick of the waiting for an offer, but I know everyday is another day closer.

I still think that from October 17th onwards offers will be out for the first induction week.

Chris14 wrote: »
    What OOM can we expect to be reached in the November intake ?

God knows.

If you pass everything, and your vetting is back, then you have a good chance, but I know they try and stick to the OOM as much as possible.

What's your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scruffy_poc

God knows.

If you pass everything, and your vetting is back, then you have a good chance, but I know they try and stick to the OOM as much as possible.

What's your OOM?

I'm in the 450s and have been told that I should expect November entry

Gardai to strike on the four Fridays in November.

Not sure what form the strikes will come in, but this is going to cause serious headaches for the government. The government needs to start looking after the country's police force.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Gardai to strike on the four Fridays in November.

Not sure what form the strikes will come in, but this is going to cause serious headaches for the government. The government needs to start looking after the country's police force.

Don't think Sergeants, Inspectors and upwards are striking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 docst

D Trent wrote: »

The AGSI will probably row in behind GRA now

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

Has anyone with relations in the UK gotten their vetting cleared yet? I've been waiting 12 weeks now , starting to lose hope for November.

D Trent wrote: »

They are having a conference I think on the 17 of October to discuss the issue. According to RTE

kellz1 wrote: »
    Has anyone with relations in the UK gotten their vetting cleared yet? I've been waiting 12 weeks now , starting to lose hope for November.

I had my UK vetting cleared after 14 weeks so there's plenty of time.

I'm in the 450s and have been told that I should expect November entry

I think you have a good chance anyway.

Most of the September class came from this campaign, and add in all the deferrals, medical failures, fitness failures, vetting failures, so I think everyone up to the 500's has a good chance once their vetting is back.

I think that November will be the first class of 200?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

I think you have a good chance anyway.

Most of the September class came from this campaign, and add in all the deferrals, medical failures, fitness failures, vetting failures, so I think everyone up to the 500's has a good chance once their vetting is back.

I think that November will be the first class of 200?

I heard 400??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

If all the vetting is done and all stages complete by the middle of October surely you'd be slated for November anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

Heard from an inside source in the college that they are struggling to fill the November intake due to failings at the physical and outstanding vetting. If you're all done re vetting you should get an offer.

I heard 400??

No it's 200.

We'll be replacing the March class once they pass out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Was down at the open day for the physical last Wednesday and the standard of the fitness was embarrassing there.people not been able to get past 10 push ups nd sit ups etc.was talking to a few down there and they said alot of people aren't taking it serious at all and it shows

• Advertisement

noelctb wrote: »
    Was down at the open day for the physical last Wednesday and the standard of the fitness was embarrassing there.people not been able to get past 10 push ups nd sit ups etc.was talking to a few down there and they said alot of people aren't taking it serious at all and it shows

Yea there are a lot of people out there that underestimate the tests. Unless your big into sports, gym etc then you'll need to be training flat out.

Few people failed the push ups in my group too a couple months back

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Yea there are a lot of people out there that underestimate the tests. Unless your big into sports, gym etc then you'll need to be training flat out.

Ya dats it..R u stil waiting on a call? I my fitness test n 2 week's...stil hoping to make the November class

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sworksvenge

Ya some people might be able to do the press ups and sit ups separately but when they have to do them together after the beep test its a lot tougher...

noelctb wrote: »
    Ya dats it..R u stil waiting on a call? I my fitness test n 2 week's...stil hoping to make the November class

Yea unfortunately I'm still waiting to be called. Having no luck at all with my vetting. I'm praying to the high heavens I'll get an offer for November too.

Yea unfortunately I'm still waiting to be called. Having no luck at all with my vetting. I'm praying to the high heavens I'll get an offer for November too.

Have you phoned them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

I'm mid 300s and physical is 12th of October. 2 weeks time. Really hoping for November. Feeling it's not gonna happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Good advise but I would go with caution on that one. I wouldn't go flat out each and every day training, you'll give yourseld an injury. I am training every second day. I do about a 2km jog, then sit for 5/7 mins then attempt the push ups and sit ups, I got 32 sit-ups, I don't think it was within 1 min but that's something you can work on or I for that matter, then rested for 1/2 mins then done my push ups, I only reached 15/16, form was about 80% correct. Also trying to lose some weight so it will make it that little bit easier.

Wax100 wrote: »
    I'm mid 300s and physical is 12th of October. 2 weeks time. Really hoping for November. Feeling it's not gonna happen though.

I'd say your in with a good chance. Everything else completed?

TallGlass wrote: »

Everything else done just haven't asked about my vetting yet. Going to ring up today but not sure of what to say or how to say it? Do I just ask outstraight how my vetting is going?

Sorry haven't met my locals yet either.

• Advertisement

Sorry haven't met my locals yet either.

That could be arranged fairly easy I imagine.

That could be arranged fairly easy I imagine.

Yeah just contacted HR there and she said she will send them a reminder about me so will probably hear from them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Yeah just contacted HR there and she said she will send them a reminder about me so will probably hear from them now.

I'm in the same boat still as you physical same date as well just rang up said my vetting is outstanding and there is no timeline on the meetings with the locals

Yeah, that's good news then so. Anyone know, if you can move onto other stages with the Irish assessment been completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andrew_2222

Did anyone here get an offer for the November class yet I have my physical in the next 3 weeks, fella I know said that a lad in his class did his physical on a Saturday and had to start in templemore the following Monday!

Offers for the Novembers class won't be out until mid October .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 psy2016

Hi everyone. Just asking if anyone has any idea if there's any chance they might cut from this campaign as soon as people are ready to go from this months new campaign? I have all passed waiting on medical & fitness.

psy2016 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just asking if anyone has any idea if there's any chance they might cut from this campaign as soon as people are ready to go from this months new campaign? I have all passed waiting on medical & fitness.

God no.

It's accelerated recruitment.

The 2016 competition will fill the September, November, and February classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pearse1879

Hi, got totally freaked yesterday when speaking to group who are waiting for dates to repeat the beep test and no one was able to give me answer in relation to the amount of times you can repeat your physical. Does anyone know how many times you can repeat? oh and they were talking about appeals too, does anyone know about the appeals process? Thanks to anyone who replies!

• Advertisement

Pearse1879 wrote: »
    Hi, got totally freaked yesterday when speaking to group who are waiting for dates to repeat the beep test and no one was able to give me answer in relation to the amount of times you can repeat your physical. Does anyone know how many times you can repeat? oh and they were talking about appeals too, does anyone know about the appeals process? Thanks to anyone who replies!

You can repeat it once I'm sure.

Any more then that and it's a joke, because anybody who is serious about joining up shouldn't need three attempts to pass.

They have the fitness test throughout the course in templemore so it's important to maintain a good level of fitness.

I think though if you fail the fitness they organise a date three months later to make sure your fitness had improved.

Are you repeating it?

Advertisement