Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AMBALLY

yeap place would be your order of merit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Police1 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as you,also did mine in April,order of merit just under 100,have you relatives abroad or have you lived abroad?so frustrating

Its very frustrating, I've no relatives abroad and I've never had any problems with the guards. I know for a fact I'm gonna miss out again this time around. My OOM was 15-20 mate and just cant understand how its taking this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Police1

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Its very frustrating, I've no relatives abroad and I've never had any problems with the guards. I know for a fact I'm gonna miss out again this time around. My OOM was 15-20 mate and just cant understand how its taking this long.

Omg 15-20 and no ties abroad?wow i wonder what the hold up is,i wonder would it be any use if you got in touch with your local garda station and explained maybe they could be of some help?maybe put a call into hq for you or something?ya judging by the phonecall i had with hr yesterday november is looking extremly unlikely for me

Omg 15-20 and no ties abroad?wow i wonder what the hold up is,i wonder would it be any use if you got in touch with your local garda station and explained maybe they could be of some help?maybe put a call into hq for you or something?ya judging by the phonecall i had with hr yesterday november is looking extremly unlikely for me

Yea that's what makes it more annoying! placing so well then missing out on an offer. Yea I gonna go down to my local station and see if the Sgt can help me or knows something I don't.

There doesn't seem to be any reasons why my vetting should be taking this long when others have had offers with relatives abroad etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

AudiKidd wrote: »
    That's what I was told to.

I think that's a wink, wink, nidge, nidge, for you anyway.

"Don't ever 'fucI<in talk to me like that again Trish, Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

D Trent wrote: »
    "Don't ever 'fucI<in talk to me like that again Trish, Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?"

Hahahahah I've a bone to pick with you nidgey

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

Have my pct on sat morning, hopefully il b waiting on november just like everyone else here after saturday, :-)

Doyle06 wrote: »
    Have my pct on sat morning, hopefully il b waiting on november just like everyone else here after saturday, :-)

Best of luck with it.

What's your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

Best of luck with it.

What's your OOM?

Im mid 600's

• Advertisement

Doyle06 wrote: »
    Im mid 600's

You've a good chance of November once your vetting is back.

Let us know how you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 littleduck

hey. had my interview start of sept, got mid 800's.met with sergeant and super last week. anyone any ideas when fitness or medical will be??

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

littleduck wrote: »
    hey. had my interview start of sept, got mid 800's.met with sergeant and super last week. anyone any ideas when fitness or medical will be??

We should hear this week. I too was the batch in Sept. and still waiting on information since.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 littleduck

the wait is killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

Of the people who emailed in to ask about their vetting status, which email address did you use?

I sent a message to appointments at garda . ie but received no reply :(

danjob1987 wrote: »
    Of the people who emailed in to ask about their vetting status, which email address did you use?

I rang them each time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

I rang them each time

I rang there and everything is back cleared, so happy! hopefully they reach my OOM for November, im in the early 400's!

I rang there and everything is back cleared, so happy! hopefully they reach my OOM for November, im in the early 400's!

Congrats delighted for you,cant wait to be in the same boat but i reckon they are sick of me ringing so i'll leave them alone for awhile!id be extremely shocked if you arent in the november class all things considered

Yea that's what makes it more annoying! placing so well then missing out on an offer. Yea I gonna go down to my local station and see if the Sgt can help me or knows something I don't.

There doesn't seem to be any reasons why my vetting should be taking this long when others have had offers with relatives abroad etc.

Any luck for you yet?😊

Your a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AMBALLY

Hrm _ appointments at garda . ie
    With no spaces haha

• Advertisement

Any luck for you yet?😊

Well mate, Sgt wasn't in today so I'll call back down over the next few days. I've never rang HR just emailed so I'm gonna ring them soon to see what the story is.

I'm not holding my breath, I've a feeling I'm gonna be left out again !

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerbie_0408

Passed my physical today!! Vetting all cleared ! Have met both srgt and super and my oom is 375 so here's hoping for November

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shoj123

Passed my physical today!! Vetting all cleared ! Have met both srgt and super and my oom is 375 so here's hoping for November

Well done 😊 Do you all do the sit ups and push ups together in the one room at same time ?

Shoj123 wrote: »
    Well done 😊 Do you all do the sit ups and push ups together in the one room at same time ?

We wer split into groups a b c and d! So 8 or 9 in each group! So ya go into a room with your group and each candidate has someone watching them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bear22

We wer split into groups a b c and d! So 8 or 9 in each group! So ya go into a room with your group and each candidate has someone watching them!!

Once you did the sit ups was it straight into the press ups or was there any short break allowed?

Bear22 wrote: »
    Once you did the sit ups was it straight into the press ups or was there any short break allowed?

Straight into the press ups no break!! It's better that way just to get them over and done with

Congrats ! Fair play ðŸ‘

Well mate, Sgt wasn't in today so I'll call back down over the next few days. I've never rang HR just emailed so I'm gonna ring them soon to see what the story is.

I'm not holding my breath, I've a feeling I'm gonna be left out again !

Did you ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Physical on Wednesday and still haven't met locals yet. Placed mid 300s really hoping for November but I think it's unlikely as vetting still isn't back as I rang last week!

Did you ring them?

Yea I did mate, no luck. It's still outstanding and was no help at all. Just said the process can be lengthy and if you've ever lived outside Ireland it takes longer. But I dunno how vetting comes back quicker from the likes of Australia and not the uk!

Doesn't make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Yea I did mate, no luck. It's still outstanding and was no help at all. Just said the process can be lengthy and if you've ever lived outside Ireland it takes longer. But I dunno how vetting comes back quicker from the likes of Australia and not the uk!

Doesn't make sense

So weird I emailed them today and they said my vetting was complete and I had loads of people from uk, New Zealand, Italy and America only submitted my form in August!

LandT wrote: »
    So weird I emailed them today and they said my vetting was complete and I had loads of people from uk, New Zealand, Italy and America only submitted my form in August!

I don't know what's going on like. I just seem to be hitting a wall with this every time I ask about it.

That's mad like. I've only ever been in the uk for a couple of years and none of my family ever lived abroad either.

Doesn't make sense

Something is definitely holding you up then and appointments probably don't know what it is either.

They are either waiting for stuff to come back from overseas, or they just haven't cleared you yet for whatever reason.

Ask your parents or whoever if any of your aunts or uncles have a history or anything because it is taking along time, and I've read on boards that people have waited 8-9 months to get a decision.

Something is definitely holding you up then and appointments probably don't know what it is either.

They are either waiting for stuff to come back from overseas, or they just haven't cleared you yet for whatever reason.

Ask your parents or whoever if any of your aunts or uncles have a history or anything because it is taking along time, and I've read on boards that people have waited 8-9 months to get a decision.

I haven't a clue what could be holding it up, to the best of my knowledge none of my aunts/uncles have ever lived foreign. No convictions either thank god, but I still don't understand how the system works.

Like you would think that if your file was handed to a single person and was told to "sort that out", they'd have it completed fairly quick.

The thoughts of missing out on November and having to wait till Feb is horrible. Just want to get a move on with my career!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

Anybody know of an update on accommodation? What's the story with that the batch after us come. And does anyone know if we're allowed to stay in the college at the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Chris14 wrote: »
    Anybody know of an update on accommodation? What's the story with that the batch after us come. And does anyone know if we're allowed to stay in the college at the weekend ?

Not sure about the batch that arrive after the november group, but I do know that after a few months ye will be moved into digs in nearby accommodation to make room for the next phase of students . everybody has to go home at the weekends, no allowances there as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

And does anyone know if we're allowed to stay in the college at the weekend ?[/quote]

You can stay down if you really need to but you won't want to.
    You'll want to go home.
    You'll make friends and you can car pool if you're concerned about travelling a long distance on your own but you can stay.. you just clear it with the staff and facilities first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

Has a February intake actually been confirmed?

Af88 wrote: »

It's accelerated recruitment.

A new class replaces an old class.

Every nine months there will be a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Af88 wrote: »

No I emailed appointments and was told no intakes for 2017 are confirmed yet but I'm sure there will be one, they are usually two months apart

Does anyone have any idea when November offers will come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Does anyone have any idea when November offers will come out?

They want to give us a month's notice and the first induction week is the 14th of November so (fingers crossed) this week or definitely next week offers are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Called HR again today, vetting still not complete... I might be **** out of luck for November.

kerbie_0408, offers will probably be out on the 17th and 24th. They give a month's notice for each induction week.

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Called HR again today, vetting still not complete... I might be **** out of luck for November

I'm in the same boat lad! This will be my second intake to miss

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Same...

It's not the end of the world, I suppose. I'll use the extra time to pay off the rest of my student debt and take a holiday or something.

If we do end up getting in at the same time, we better hang out! And anyone else who interviewed last April!

• Advertisement

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Same...

It's not the end of the world, I suppose. I'll use the extra time to pay off the rest of my student debt and take a holiday or something.

If we do end up getting in at the same time, we better hang out! And anyone else who interviewed last April!

Ha now ya have it ! At the same time it's going to be like another kick in the face missing out, but there's nothing any of us can do.

I'm definitely being held up by something I just haven't a clue what!

Has anyone asked them recently when the offers are going to be out?

I thought I saw it somewhere that offers would be out either this Friday the 14th or Friday the 21st.

But its open to correction

I thought I saw it somewhere that offers would be out either this Friday the 14th or Friday the 21st.

But its open to correction

It's has to be over the next two weeks, but it would be nice to know when exactly.

I was looking through one of the really old threads from 2008, and they got two months notice before the class started.

Yea 2 months notice would be handy for anyone going in.

Gone be the good days when there was plenty of notice! Id say there was no chasing vetting either ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement