Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: November 2016 class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Izzyruby89

Got offer can't believe it's actually happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

AudiKidd wrote: »
    I've been waiting a long time for that email. What a feeling!

I'll see you all in templemore!

Congratulations Audi Kid, know you have been waiting long time, thanks for all your advice in the threads, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Police1

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Haha, oh you can be sure of that! I'd have it up in lights :)

Nothing for me as per usual now at this stage ha. I'd already accepted the fact that the people that applied in Sept will be in before me.

Ffs i got nothing either

Congrats to everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Police1 wrote: »
    Ffs i got nothing either

Congrats to everyone else

Welcome to the club mate. Plenty of room here ha

Welcome to the club mate. Plenty of room here ha

K lets hold out a teeny bit if hope yet,we still have a few weeks for our vetting to be back i havent given up completly yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

No email...this wait is a really anxious like feeling! I'm between 400-450 OOM with vetting all clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

danjob1987 wrote: »
    No email...this wait is a really anxious like feeling! I'm between 400-450 OOM with vetting all clear

There's two induction weeks, so you might get it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

Congratulations to those who got an offer, here's hoping for all those still waiting.

With luck there will be more out tomorrow.

K lets hold out a teeny bit if hope yet,we still have a few weeks for our vetting to be back i havent given up completly yet

Ha all my hope is gone mate , it ran out 2 months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

I deferred in September. Just got the shout today for November. Chuffed, although a little disappointed for gnr_iner. I got my last offer 3 weeks after everyone here got it so still time. And to the others who didnt get it too. Heres hoping

• Advertisement

Fran1985 wrote: »
    I deferred in September. Just got the shout today for November. Chuffed, although a little disappointed for gnr_iner. I got my last offer 3 weeks after everyone here got it so still time. And to the others who didnt get it too. Heres hoping

Sound bud, best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerbie_0408

Got an offer for Nov 14th! Happy days :) well done to all

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Well done to everyone who got their offers I only did my physical yesterday so knew it would be too late for November!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrick.pjoc

I was offered today and in the 450's

i dont understand the OOM's but you might still get an offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Congratulations on the offer... Just for us that are new to the process could u say how the OOM works or when it kicks in? And just wondering did ye have the situational scenarios in your initial assesment questionare? Thanks

Hey guys.
    Jus wondering does anyone know can u work up till the official date or do you have to have quit ur job b4 induction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Congratulations on the offer... Just for us that are new to the process could u say how the OOM works or when it kicks in? And just wondering did ye have the situational scenarios in your initial assesment questionare? Thanks

Thanks!

Well you get an OOM after every stage ranking your position.

The main OOM comes after your interview, and obviously the lower the number, the quicker you go through the process.

When it comes to getting an offer then vetting can slow you down.

I think we did get scenarios, but I found them very straightforward.

Stage 2 scenarios were a bit more challenging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

Anyone know if all the offers are out? I'm between 450-475 and all my vetting is back and I'm all ready to go in, just waiting on an offer, should I give up on November?

Chris14 wrote: »
    Anyone know if all the offers are out? I'm between 450-475 and all my vetting is back and I'm all ready to go in, just waiting on an offer, should I give up on November?

I'm inore or less the same boat..praying more offers are out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

I wouldnt give up hope. 200 (at least) went in in september. Probably the same again. With deferrals and lack of cleared vetting (#PrayForGnr_iver) ya could well be in line for the nod

• Advertisement

danjob1987 wrote:

The offers are out for the first week of induction s. Second week aren't out yet so don't give up hope. I wouldn't rule it out till a week before start date.

So the offers for the second week aren't out at all yet?

Chris14 wrote:
    So the offers for the second week aren't out at all yet?

No they are usually out the following week. And I have heard of people getting emails a week before. Sometimes they find it hard to fill the phase because of people failing fitness and vetting.

Quick question I have my induction 14th and then I'm officially starting the 28th so the week In between is a free week for me? As in week off?

I'm same. Congrats. Ya the week in-between is free.

Izzyruby89 wrote: »
    I'm same. Congrats. Ya the week in-between is free.

Oh that's handy !! You where at the pct last weds?? The 3:30 one?

Oh that's handy !! You where at the pct last weds?? The 3:30 one?

Ya was. I was the one who nearly passed out lol

Haha I think I can remember ya!! Not the one who smokes 20 fags?

Haha I think I can remember ya!! Not the one who smokes 20 fags?

No not me. I quit the fags on the electric ones. That test neatly killed me though. Was very nervous in the day. Can't wait to do it again !!

• Advertisement

No not me. I quit the fags on the electric ones. That test neatly killed me though. Was very nervous in the day. Can't wait to do it again !!

lol sorry I can't remember which girl ya where on the day

lol sorry I can't remember which girl ya where on the day

Sure we'll get to know each other once we start.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Really gutted about November. Have everything passed and placed in mid 300s but still waiting to meet local Sgt and super! Was hoping I would of met them this week and have my chances for November. Anybody else have to wait this long to meet them? Fitness and everything is done. Just waiting on them.

Wax100 wrote:
    Really gutted about November. Have everything passed and placed in mid 300s but still waiting to meet local Sgt and super! Was hoping I would of met them this week and have my chances for November. Anybody else have to wait this long to meet them? Fitness and everything is done. Just waiting on them.

Think a guy was in samesituation as you for September intake. He met them a week b4 September start date and straight away after meeting them got an email saying he's b starting in few days. So don't lose hope. (I'm answering everyone because I'm bored AF BTW)

Wax100 wrote: »

That's strange mate. Usually you would meet them between the medical and fitness stage. I would contact HR and ask why your local station hasn't contacted you.

The file has to be sent to your local station from HR so that would be your best bet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Had ye ye're physical Wednesday the 12th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

That's strange mate. Usually you would meet them between the medical and fitness stage. I would contact HR and ask why your local station hasn't contacted you.

The file has to be sent to your local station from HR so that would be your best bet.:D

I've contacted them twice and both times I've been told that they will send them a reminder about me. But still nothing. Going to call again today I need to sort it! Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pt2016

Wax100 wrote: »
    I've contacted them twice and both times I've been told that they will send them a reminder about me. But still nothing. Going to call again today I need to sort it! Thanks for the replies

Contact your local garda station and ask to be put through to the Sargent. Explain your story and that you are caught for time. They will try to help you out.

noelctb wrote:
    Had ye ye're physical Wednesday the 12th?

No mine was the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

Vetting finally back. Fitness on the 22nd. Is it possible to be in November intake. OOM early 200? Thanks folks.

Boscorelli wrote: »
    Vetting finally back. Fitness on the 22nd. Is it possible to be in November intake. OOM early 200? Thanks folks.

Did you ring them to find out?ya i would say you have a good chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jimmyjameson92

No mine was the 5th.
    Same as me, did the fitness on the 5th but no offers as of yet. OOM was 532 so still hoping for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

Did you ring them to find out?ya i would say you have a good chance

Yeah I rang a good few times. No reason or explanation as to why vetting took so long. Couldn't confirm if I'd be offered a place for November intake either 😑

Boscorelli wrote: »
    Yeah I rang a good few times. No reason or explanation as to why vetting took so long. Couldn't confirm if I'd be offered a place for November intake either 😑

Ya iv rang a few times too..did my interview in april so its been pretty dragged out for me too..delighted your vettings back,that must be a good feeling...youre almost there now,and if not nov surely feb so itll give you a chance to get organised

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Armchairbread

Fran1985 wrote: »

Just wondering what grounds did you defer it on.? I'm looking to get mine deferred until the next intake.

Doesn't look like any further offers coming today anyway..let's pray for next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Edit: Posted in the wrong thread!

Congratulations everyone who's made it through this round. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting on the second week and I'm with Fran1985 #PrayForGnr_Ivr!!

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Edit: Posted in the wrong thread!

Congratulations everyone who's made it through this round. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting on the second week and I'm with Fran1985 #PrayForGnr_Ivr!!

#PrayForGnr_Iver haha love it ! :)

Posted this already but was hoping someone on here might know. I'm starting my induction on 14th November but official start date is not till 28th. Can you work up till 28th or do you have to have left you job b4 induction week?

Posted this already but was hoping someone on here might know. I'm starting my induction on 14th November but official start date is not till 28th. Can you work up till 28th or do you have to have left you job b4 induction week?

I think you can work up until your start date

Has anybody at all got offers for the second induction week yet? It's gonna be a nervous week I think 😂😅

• Advertisement
Advertisement