Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend a cordless lawnmower

Options
  • 24-08-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I want to buy a cordless lawnmower - I love the notion of quiet mowing... - but need a recommended brand. Anyone got any good stories out there?

Comments

Moved to Gardening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Do you mean a bog standard push one or a battery one? I have a Bosch Rotak battery mower but it's not that quiet, sounds pretty much like a fairly normal lawn mower, well maybe more like an electric one than petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I want to buy a cordless lawnmower - I love the notion of quiet mowing... - but need a recommended brand. Anyone got any good stories out there?

how big is your lawn? they are not really that powerful so wont be good for large or "hilly" gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I recently got an EGO mower and it's fantastic, though not much quieter than a petrol mower. Pricey for a mower only, but I got other implements, Same battery powers them all. 2 batteries with fast charger allows continuous work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Have used the Bosch Rotak 43cm lithium and it is a great mower, but you need to get the newer 4 amp batteries as opposed to the older 2.6 amp ones. And if get 2 batteries, one can be charging while one is in use, so there is no limit to the amount you can mow (at least not from the mower anyway)

It is quieter, fumeless, and also very light, which actually makes it good for rough ground and hilly terrain because it hops over the bumps and holes instead of running smack into them. All in all much more pleasant to use than a petrol one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement